Home Fly Fishing

Flexo Crab SBS

CWFliesCWFlies StuartPosts: 85 Deckhand
Another SBS and this time with the flexo crab. Tied on the heavier side so you can get away with lighter if need be. 

Replies

• avmech007avmech007 JupiterPosts: 7 Deckhand
    You make it look easy!  Very well done. 

Does your local shop, where we met, carry the materials or is it all online?  Thanks
    Member #10822
    Formerly avmech................
  • CWFliesCWFlies StuartPosts: 85 Deckhand
    Thanks. It is a easy fly to tie once you see how to do it. I think others take unnecessary steps and make it harder on themselves. Hopefully I explained it well enough for everyone to be able to tie it.
    None of my local shops carry the flexo tubing or ultra chenille. The chenille is harder to source for me since I use Hareline Ultra chenille for their light olive but I have to use Wapsi for their cinnamon color. Wapsi's light olive is to dark and Hareline doesn't make cinnamon. 
    I do have the flex tubing on my site. I keep telling White's Tackle they need to carry some. 
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,373 Officer
    CW, where do you get the Deer Creek Sculpt?
    Member #10822
  • CWFliesCWFlies StuartPosts: 85 Deckhand
    avmech said:
    CW, where do you get the Deer Creek Sculpt?
    I order direct from Deer creek. They are in Europe. At some point I will carry it but I am still working on getting setup for selling materials. I think Ole Florida fly hop carries deer creek products. If not you can use other resins. I would just stay away from Loon Thin. It doesn't provide a strong hold
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,373 Officer
    edited July 14 #6
    Cool, thanks you.  Darren does not carry Sculpt.  I did find one outfit on line: casters on line fly shop dot com that carries it.  will try them, but please let me know if you end up carrying it so I can get it from you.
    Member #10822