Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

River Hawk Boats

I'm looking at a creek boat. A friend has a River Hawk 16'. Similar to a Gheenoe. Any info will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• trout069trout069 Posts: 5,071 Admiral
    Good boats. Last year they closed. They were made in Barrow county were I lived. Went by plant and everything gone. Santee boats kinda gheenoe style, but wider also a good river boat. 
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,021 Officer
    Darn never heard of them. A little wider than a ghenoe would be nice. Hope you find one.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,694 Moderator
    Here's some info. The dealer doesn't seem to know much more than the public. They speak highly of the boat though.

http://www.wingflyco.com/riverhawkboats.html

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,439 AG
    Get a B60 if you can find one. 60" wide at the widest point in the floor.

Great boats. I have 3 friends that have them and fish and duck hunt out of them. 

A little smaller but I have a Widgeon duck boat . A friend builds them locally. I sold my gheenoe and bout one for the fact that t will not sink. If you want anymore info PM me.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,306 Admiral
    edited February 20 #6
    I bought a new b60 in 200,  I think. Got it for duck hunting and fishing the shell mound area of cedar key. My buddy in Gainesville still has it. 
    That widgeon looks good
    You should have been here yesterday
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 696 Officer
    I have a friend with a Riverhawk B-60. I have a LT-25 built by Custom Gheenoe in Titusville by the son of the original founder. There is no comparison other than basic shape and layout. The Gheenoe rides better, is sooooo much dryer in a chop, and is just a much better quality boat. There are lots of them for sale. I love mine for what it is. Keep it skinny and no more than 2 on board. 

• plumbbobplumbbob Posts: 791 Officer
    Well, now I'm conflicted. I have a friend with a River Hawk and I'm supposed to look at a Gheenoe tomorrow. What shall I do, what shall I do ?????
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,694 Moderator
    Decisions, decisions...

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,439 AG
    plumbbob said:
    Well, now I'm conflicted. I have a friend with a River Hawk and I'm supposed to look at a Gheenoe tomorrow. What shall I do, what shall I do ?????
    I know this for a fact- A gheenoe (at least mine 15'6") will not sink but, it will fill slap to the top and sit nicely submerged flush with the water surface. Mine was older and had no flotation in it. Not sure how that are made today. The classic would be closer to size of a b60. I'd look/water test both and go from there. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • skywayskyway St. Pete FLPosts: 143 Deckhand
    micci_man said:
    Get a B60 if you can find one. 60" wide at the widest point in the floor.

Great boats. I have 3 friends that have them and fish and duck hunt out of them. 

A little smaller but I have a Widgeon duck boat . A friend builds them locally. I sold my gheenoe and bout one for the fact that t will not sink. If you want anymore info PM me.

I would check these out before pulling the trigger.
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,071 Admiral
    Well according to a good friend who has been here in Barrow entire life, the partners split. And their was some notice on factory door. I know the riverhawk website and another website, which was one of the partners, has been inactive for quite sometime.