PWC fishing and the Florida Keys

L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 171 Deckhand
If you fish from your PWC in the Florida keys. Join the new group. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1064232797259008/edit/

Replies

• fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,348 Officer
    That's about as welcome as testicular cancer on this board.
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 171 Deckhand
    Ya'll missing out. Its a good time.
  • reelthunderreelthunder Posts: 218 Deckhand
    fish_stix said:
    That's about as welcome as testicular cancer on this board.

so true
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 332 Deckhand
    I dont see the issue,  he didnt say riding around like nuts on jet ski's.   He said jet ski fishing.    I have contemplated getting that new seadoo fish pro just to fish inshore on.   I typically only fish for flounder inshore, so i think i could use the ski to hop from one place to the next and get on a sandbar and cast.   

I have even seen them with the mini power poles mounted on them,  you could just pull up to a creek mouth and anchor down and cast.  pop up and hit the next creek mouth at 55mph :smiley:

Bigfish5 said:
    I dont see the issue,  he didnt say riding around like nuts on jet ski's.   He said jet ski fishing.    I have contemplated getting that new seadoo fish pro just to fish inshore on.   I typically only fish for flounder inshore, so i think i could use the ski to hop from one place to the next and get on a sandbar and cast.   

I have even seen them with the mini power poles mounted on them,  you could just pull up to a creek mouth and anchor down and cast.  pop up and hit the next creek mouth at 55mph :smiley:

People want to judge without taking in all the facts. Waste of my time reading their posts.

I want one of those power poles for sure. They're slick! It would go nicely next to my live well. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,511 AG
    I would think the guys fishing from them would be a tick more reasonable than the normal jet ski idjit 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    I would think the guys fishing from them would be a tick more reasonable than the normal jet ski idjit 
    Anyone can go buy a jetski no doubt. I do agree that only a few actually use them responsibly. Although I am young at heart and love speed, I still need to go to work the next day so I tend to take it easier than most. I've seen a lot of boaters be just as irresponsible with their boat as the folks that you condemn on their PWC.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 68 Greenhorn
    I've seen the same mind-set with ATVs.  I hiked for several years with a small group of mostly older university scholar types (I'm not) and they were fanatical.  I rode and loved my Eiger ATV and rode all over the back country on it - responsibly - and knew several others like myself.  With that hiking group, say the word ATV and they'd turn red and start gnashing their teeth like Pit Bulls at a wienie roast.  Couldn't reason with them, either. 
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,062 AG
    This guy used to post here on FS.

THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • DodgerDodger Ft MyersPosts: 17 Greenhorn
    Same mindset with PWC's in Wisconsin.  My friends and I would have a blast on them and use them responsibly (mostly).  Fishermen up there hated them because teenagers would cut them off at 50 mph fishing a point.  Use them responsibly and they are fine with me.