Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Sisters Creek 2/9

After a late start of missing an alarm, and then a blown fuse on my motor at the ramp, finally got onto the water and made a run to a spot. Water was hovering around 59 degrees, and between the current and the wind it was a pain. Managed a few small trout before the tide began moving, and tried to go to a few more spots but the wind picked up and we decided it was time to get in.

Anyone else having any luck in the creeks lately?

Replies

• gmiller0737gmiller0737 Posts: 663 Officer
    We fished the Dames Point area today had 1 Puppy Drum & Lost a Nice Sheepshead @ the Boat Left for the ramp after the wind picked up
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 369 Deckhand
    I tried last Sunday, winds were supposed to be 8-10. Not even close! Had one bite, ran from sisters creek, north to the feeder creeks back out to the river, then west towards the power plant. Big fat ZERO. 
    2019 Frontier 2014 
  • ajv35xxajv35xx Posts: 26 Deckhand
    The winds definitely were more then what was forecasted; that and the ripping current. 

Gonna give it a go again this weekend, of the weather is decent.
  • Tsa1980Tsa1980 Posts: 52 Deckhand
    I was out there Monday also. Fished the outgoing for a few hours. Nothing but a couple small trout on live shrimp. You’re correct about the wind and current. The trolling motor barely held in anchor mode. I headed to the jetties, got to the inlet and... no way. There were 7’ rollers in the inlet. I wasn’t going to damage my boat, or worse. 

Still a pretty day. Glad to see it wasn’t just me, haha!