Home General Fishing

Miami piers

awood0909awood0909 NormanPosts: 2 Greenhorn
Will be in town next week and looking to do some pier fishing. Any suggestions for which pier or any reports? I have fished many times in the Destin area but never down south. 

Replies

• One DropOne Drop Posts: 235 Deckhand
    Try out Dania pier for some Spanish Macs. I'm not much of a pier guy but my buddies did hit some Spanish pretty good recently. 
  • awood0909awood0909 NormanPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks One Drop. Is there a time where they are more likely to be there? Maybe a certain tide? I have caught a lot in destin but they have always seemed to come at random times throughout the day.
  • evernic1evernic1 NMBPosts: 40 Deckhand
    need wind off the ocean, morning or afternoon...midday no so much
    awood0909 said:
    Will be in town next week and looking to do some pier fishing. Any suggestions for which pier or any reports? I have fished many times in the Destin area but never down south. 
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    awood0909 said:
    sorry never used the quote here...

Newport pier, in Sunny Isles (North Miami Beach)...caught a lot of spanish there couple years back...haven't been in last 2 years, health issues...it's a good time of year for that pier...
  • 2times2times AlvaPosts: 49 Deckhand
    evernic1 said:

awood0909 said:

Newport pier, in Sunny Isles (North Miami Beach)...caught a lot of spanish there couple years back...haven't been in last 2 years, health issues...it's a good time of year for that pier...
    Where do you park?
    My son and some friends went to New Port few years ago and ended up coming back because they couldn't find a place to park.

• backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 136 Deckhand
    Just a heads up.  The boat show(s) are in Miami next week so make sure you plan ahead for the EXTRA traffic.  Hope you already have a place to stay. 
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,630 Captain
    and if our local piers aren't producing... The Lake Worth pier (if it's still standing) was my go to years ago... We caught everything there (and I mean everything...).  From the north end of Dade county it's an hours drive and along a stretch of coast where the Gulf Stream comes the closest... .
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    2times said:
    evernic1 said:

awood0909 said:

Where do you park?
    My son and some friends went to New Port few years ago and ended up coming back because they couldn't find a place to park.

they have metered parking but only about 20-22 spaces, get here early to beat the beach goers