Home Angler On Foot

Pompano West Palm and South?

GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 182 Deckhand
Trying to figure out if i`d be wasting my time trying to fish for Pompano anywhere South of West Palm? South of WPB is local for me - if i have to go further North i guess i can make a plan .......

Replies

• One DropOne Drop Posts: 234 Deckhand
    Stuart to Melbourne is your best bet but I do know that there's a migration that comes through Boca around April. If you know where Ja.p Rock #2 is north of the main rock pile then you will find them. It's a long walk but well worth it. 
  • bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 1,065 Officer
    One Drop said:
    Stuart to Melbourne is your best bet but I do know that there's a migration that comes through Boca around April. If you know where Ja.p Rock #2 is north of the main rock pile then you will find them. It's a long walk but well worth it. 
    Hey keep **** rock out of it please!
    Only if you tell me where you caught that bonefish? 😉 

Before I moved out of that crazy tri-county area I figured out that there is a small resident bonefish population. Mostly caught them at night near certain docks with shrimp and split shot while fly fishing snook and tarpon. 
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 182 Deckhand
    One Drop said:
    I had to go and lookup **** Rock - i dont know where #2 is but i guess i should make my way out there and find out ;-)

One Drop said:
    Only if you tell me where you caught that bonefish? 😉 

Before I moved out of that crazy tri-county area I figured out that there is a small resident bonefish population. Mostly caught them at night near certain docks with shrimp and split shot while fly fishing snook and tarpon. 

Ok, youve moved out lets share those rock numbers :-) Bones on split shots and shrimp must be fun.
    I sent you a PM GeeTee.
    One Drop said:
    I had to go and lookup **** Rock - i dont know where #2 is but i guess i should make my way out there and find out ;-)

bocapup1 said:
    One Drop said:
    Hey keep **** rock out of it please!

Bocapup - we need to go and hit the water - seems we potentially fish the same area. I`m a newbie to the area (not new to fishing) and would like to fish more in my own back yard ........ PM me if interested and we`ll go and slay some fish!