Home Off Topic

Coronavirus

Replies

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    cadman said:
    i do not believe the idiots who refuse to wear a mask now would do so if it was voluntary, that is pure BS. They deny anything health experts say is facts, They get their expert advice from conspiracy websites and morons, 

Except Sweden didnt wear masks...
  • jetmechjetmech On the coastPosts: 461 Deckhand
    The “Experts” considered Manhattan to be the same as Waldo Florida. 
     The “Experts” claimed that the China virus was not very contagious and that to stop air travel from infected regions was racist and xenophobic. 
     The “Experts” claimed that 2-4 million Americans would die if millions of ventilators and hospital beds were not created overnight. 
     I digress. 
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,246 Captain
    edited September 25 #9724
    The deep state is trying to delay the vaccine for the fake thing that affects virtually nobody.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    jetmech said:
     The “Experts” claimed that the China virus was not very contagious and that to stop air travel from infected regions was racist and xenophobic. 
     The “Experts” claimed that 2-4 million Americans would die if millions of ventilators and hospital beds were not created overnight. 
     I digress. 
    I would love to see some proof backing your claim(s).  Specifically 2-4 million predicted Covid deaths.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    jetmech said:
     I digress. 
    I would love to see some proof backing your claim(s).  Specifically 2-4 million predicted Covid deaths.  

cadman said it so it must be so, hes never wrong...

cadman said:

Because it is highly contagious. The death rare, from what I have read is around 5% to 10%. Mostly older people. It appears more contagious than SARS or MERS or many of the other deadly viruses. 
    Even at 5% death rare it could kill millions if the spread of the virus is not stopped. 

kellercl said:
    jetmech said:
     I digress. 
    I know the first four months of 2020 were stressful for you but, look it up. 
     Even the “Experts” like Polosi said it was just fine to come to San Francisco to enjoy the Chinese holiday! :disappointed:
     Look up Fauci and his comments. 
     The problem is too many “Experts”! Especially those who collect a government paycheck. 
    So you all don't have any evidence to support the 2-4 million death claim.  Got it.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    Taking it a step further:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/29/823517467/fauci-estimates-that-100-000-to-200-000-americans-could-die-from-the-coronavirus

On March 29th, Fauci predicted 100,000-200,000 deaths...  we currently have around 200,000 deaths.  He also said 1-2 million was highly unlikely.  

I would recommend stop falling for fake news.  

-Walter Payton
    Look up Fauci’s other comments. The guy being the so-called expert knew about as much of the Wuhan virus as the man in the moon. 
     Not to mention his and other’s views on shutting down the economy. Little or no detrimental effects. Right!
    edited September 25 #9731
    kellercl said:
    Taking it a step further:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/29/823517467/fauci-estimates-that-100-000-to-200-000-americans-could-die-from-the-coronavirus

On March 29th, Fauci predicted 100,000-200,000 deaths...  we currently have around 200,000 deaths.  He also said 1-2 million was highly unlikely.  

I would recommend stop falling for fake news.  

I only listen to the Google experts from now on. lol...

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

So where did the twisting of the truth and the extened lockdowns and the mandatory masks come from and the hysterical nonsense from people like BT continue to rage come from?
    He was pretty accurate but it turned political. The hysteria was initially triggered by the GIGANTIC failure of leadership in New York State.  But it was easily seen that was an anomoly and if you remove those numbers from the totals, it brings the stats even further below what fauci predicted.  If you dont believe what is going is political, then you should stop watching NPR, the publicly-funded ********* bad network.

edited September 25 #9732
    Look man, Fauci is a disease expert.  His predictions were quite accurate, especially given the lack of data he had.  Don't blame him for things becoming political.  And I would not take his stance on economics, he is a scientist.  

My point stands.  The true experts never predicted 2-4 million deaths.  That is fake news.  Fauci predicted 100,000-200,000 and pretty much nailed it.  

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Look man, Fauci is a disease expert.  His predictions were quite accurate, especially given the lack of data he had.  Don't blame him for things becoming political.  And I would not take his stance on economics, he is a scientist.  

My point stands.  The true experts never predicted 2-4 million deaths.  That is fake news.  Fauci predicted 100,000-200,000 and pretty much nailed it.  
    Dude... lay off the coffee... I never said with full commitment that the numbers would be that high. I always hedged based on the data coming from China that something wasnt right about their numbers as if they were reporting bad info on purpose.  I only posted what CAD posted as a reminder that it was not just me that said those things.
    In the last 5 months, I have completely backed off on the original numbers

The potus haters seem to forget who was counselling the potus on this virus and why he responded how he did. He did as his counsel suggested.  Yet here we are with masks and lockdowns and constant criticism of something that was right there in front of us.  This has turned into a COMPLETE hatred fest. There are emails of mayors saying to keep the lockdowns in place to suppress the economic rebound to harm the potus... that is criminal.

My comments weren't directed at you battery.  My position is fauci is being credited with comments he never made.

-Walter Payton
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,858 Admiral
    edited September 25 #9735
    I know this link is in New York Post but its in other websites as well. 
    But not as deadly if true.
    Why do you find this Funny Ferriss?

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,592 AG
    kellercl said:
    jetmech said:
     I digress. 

cadman said:

Because it is highly contagious. The death rare, from what I have read is around 5% to 10%. Mostly older people. It appears more contagious than SARS or MERS or many of the other deadly viruses. 
    Even at 5% death rare it could kill millions if the spread of the virus is not stopped. 

That was back when you were predicting 40% would die. Early on in the process. I never said millions would die. Go back to that time and look. I never thought this many would catch it. I did not think even a million would have been infected way back then.

Quit making crap up.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,027 Moderator
    2amigo said:

The New York Post being the source and this...... "The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed".

There is just so much misinformation and non-verified information floating around about all I can do is laugh. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

edited September 25 #9739
    2amigo said:

The New York Post being the source and this...... "The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed".

There is just so much misinformation and non-verified information floating around about all I can do is laugh. 

Post is just posting info from other sources.  I used that because you don't subscribe to sources i have posted before.   Just google it and you will see.  I did.  I will take that info from NIA, Cornell etc. instead of the opinions of yours and others on here. Let me know how funny the article is below

For sure the critical condition ratio to those fighting the virus with little difficulty has gotten better since April.  But I don't know what to make of up.  I can come up with 3 positions:

1) Virus has mutated to less severity

2) Medical industry has gotten better at treatment

3) Vulnerable populations were hit early in the pandemic, leaving a disproportionate healthy populous

-Walter Payton
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,027 Moderator
    2amigo said:
    2amigo said:

Post is just posting info from other sources.  I used that because you don't subscribe to sources i have posted before.   Just google it and you will see.  I did.  I will take that info from NIA, Cornell etc. instead of the opinions of yours and others on here. Let me know how funny the article is below

A better source, I must admit.

"The new report, however, did not find that these mutations have made the virus deadlier or changed clinical outcomes. All viruses accumulate genetic mutations, and most are insignificant, scientists say."

And I hope you do not take my opinion over reputable medical facilities. That would be dumb. Now that that is out of the way, pray tell, please tell me my opinion on this corona crisis?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

cadman said:
    kellercl said:
    jetmech said:
     I digress. 

cadman said:

That was back when you were predicting 40% would die. Early on in the process. I never said millions would die. Go back to that time and look. I never thought this many would catch it. I did not think even a million would have been infected way back then.

Quit making crap up.

You are the one misrepresenting what was said. You have done it many times.  You post a snippet of what was said and not the full context. All of my projections were based on current information coming in...mostly from China, it was qualified that they were probably not telling the truth.... .  Death rates compared to recoveries. It was very early. But I also quickly adjusted to more information.  You did say millions. You also said 5 to 10% death rates... whether you attribute to something you read doesnt change that you were just as wrong. It might validate it and insulate you from being wrong but if you post it you are wrong.
    edited September 25 #9743
    Not that I want to get involved, but I don't like how being "wrong" is viewed as a negative.  I mean scientifically:

1) make observation
    2) form hypothesis
    3) collect data
    4) confirm or deny hypothesis

It isn't about being wrong.  It is about building better datasets to more accurately understand.

And more importantly, reformulating a new position with new data is a GOOD THING.    

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Not that I want to get involved, but I don't like how being "wrong" is viewed as a negative.  I mean scientifically:

1) make observation
    2) form hypothesis
    3) collect data

It isn't about being wrong.  It is about building better datasets to more accurately understand.

And more importantly, reformulating a new position with new data is a GOOD THING.    

I do agree with that... no one seems to be able to look at some information and come up with an idea of what could be going on.. unless they can validate their bias with google.  it is like there is zero critical thinking skills anymore, no logic applied to events, no inventive thinking, just... can I google that and see what someone else tells me what to think. 
    2amigo said:
    2amigo said:

A better source, I must admit.

"The new report, however, did not find that these mutations have made the virus deadlier or changed clinical outcomes. All viruses accumulate genetic mutations, and most are insignificant, scientists say."

And I hope you do not take my opinion over reputable medical facilities. That would be dumb. Now that that is out of the way, pray tell, please tell me my opinion on this corona crisis?

I only take BT's and Jetmech's  opinions as my sources
    kellercl said:

1) make observation
    2) form hypothesis
    3) collect data

I do agree with that... no one seems to be able to look at some information and come up with an idea of what could be going on.. unless they can validate their bias with google.  it is like there is zero critical thinking skills anymore, no logic applied to events, no inventive thinking, just... can I google that and see what someone else tells me what to think. 
    100% agreed.  People love posting data, but don't spend a second understanding the data. 

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:

1) make observation
    2) form hypothesis
    3) collect data

That is exactly right. 
     The reason many were and are still skeptical is for those reasons. 
     People knew very little of the virus but made draconian decisions based on fear, not facts. 
     Once a political narrative was established all other discussion was attacked and silenced. Therapeutical cures for example. 
    edited September 25 #9748
    cadman said:
    kellercl said:
    jetmech said:
     I digress. 

cadman said:

Quit making crap up.

You are the one misrepresenting what was said. You have done it many times.  You post a snippet of what was said and not the full context. All of my projections were based on current information coming in...mostly from China, it was qualified that they were probably not telling the truth.... .  Death rates compared to recoveries. It was very early. But I also quickly adjusted to more information.  You did say millions. You also said 5 to 10% death rates... whether you attribute to something you read doesnt change that you were just as wrong. It might validate it and insulate you from being wrong but if you post it you are wrong.
    You claim I post snippets out of context, but you do the same with my comment above. I post exactly what you said at the time. We both were going by available data at the time.

You have been wrong every step pf the way and have to create stuff to make claims that are not true to try and pretend you have a clue what you are talking about. You are clueless. 

What happened to that herd immunity you said we would have by now, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,021 Admiral
    Finally men in Florida can take their girls out on the town

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs order clearing restaurants and bars to fully open

We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    edited September 27 #9750
    Not that anyone on here cares, but we just hit 1 million dead worldwide from Covid 19. 

Mini Mart Magnate