Home Off Topic

Coronavirus

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,530 AG
    Then again if I lived in a country resembling a sardine can, I might wear a mask too.

Captain Todd Approves

• tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 252 Deckhand
    edited January 25 #33
    Above is a pic posted yesterday of the emergency hospital being built in Wuhan. Existing buildings must not be suitable.  Seems to me they may need a couple more backhoes to help. They have CAT hoes working too!
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓻𝓾𝓷 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝔂𝓮𝓽?
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,229 AG
    Above is a pic posted yesterday of the emergency hospital being built in Wuhan. Existing buildings must not be suitable.  Seems to me they may need a couple more backhoes to help. They have CAT hoes working too!

China has confined 56 million people in an effort never seen before. I’m guessing that is a picture of a mass grave. I’m saying the Chinese are lying about everything.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,648 Admiral
    The U.S. government is reportedly preparing a charter flight this weekend to evacuate American citizens and diplomats from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the latest coronavirus outbreak.

The Wuhan Consulate is reaching out to the estimated 1,000 American citizens in the area to offer them a seat on the jet, which seats about 230, according to the Journal. Those evacuated will pay the financial cost of their ticket.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,272 Moderator
    "reportedly"
    "What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
    Just think of all the Organs they can harvest.
    Kidneys , Matching set , 15 years old, 50 Thousand American...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    I have this uneasy feeling that China is hiding the actual number of fatalities from their coronovirus. Also ... can we eliminate the possibility that this was a virus-weapon test gone bad?
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/virus-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/
    I don't understand germ warfare.  It's like nukes, mutual assured destruction.

Captain Todd Approves

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,595 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    I don't understand germ warfare.  It's like nukes, mutual assured destruction.
    You create a vaccine for the virus that you are harvesting for your  populace (or at least most of the populace you want to survive) before releasing virus on others. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,350 AG

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    That is the look I would make if I walked into my favorite Chinese restaurant and saw Beetlejuice sitting there. 
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,296 Captain
    reported a third case in the US. now California
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
    The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health announced in a press release that a case of coronavirus had been confirmed, bringing the total of US cases of the illness to four.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,875 Admiral
    Four? In the whole USA? Almost the Apocalypse 😏

Being serious media are going too wild, in my opinion.
    And my question is: cui prodest?
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,987 AG
    edited January 26 #49
    There have been over 2000 cases of this virus reported and only 58 deaths -- that's a mortality rate south of 3% thusfar.  While nothing to scoff at, I'd say the apocalypse is not yet on the horizon.

Two more people in the U.S. have tested positive for the deadly new coronavirus strain, bringing the total number across the country to five.

Both individuals, one in California and one in Arizona, tested positive for the virus after traveling to Wuhan, China, where the virus is believed to have originated, health officials in those states said Sunday.

There have been over 2000 cases of this virus reported and only 58 deaths -- that's a mortality rate south of 3% thusfar.  While nothing to scoff at, I'd say the apocalypse is not yet on the horizon.
    I believe normal death rates from flu year to year is around 8 or 9 %. 

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    More people die from the flu. 
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,229 AG
    incubation 1 to 15 days. Spreadable during that period when symptoms are not noticeable.

we’ll know in 5 days if there was reason to worry.
    edited January 27 #54
    Worldwide is 1-2 ercent or less. Depending on year
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,987 AG
    edited January 27 #55
    That sounds a bit high to me.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,411 Captain
    1.5 billion in population. Sounds like China is thinning the herd
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,179 Admiral
    edited January 27 #57
    That must be the ones that get the flu not the percentage of population.

Still sounds a bit high.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,307 Admiral
    The financial markets are reacting to the virus -

S&P Futures
    -54.50(-1.65%)

Dow Futures
    -471.00(-1.63%)

Nasdaq Futures
    -188.75(-2.06%)
    stc1993 said:
    That must be the ones that get the flu not the percentage of population.

Still sounds a bit high.
    I read it wrong. That is the approximate percentage of those hospitalized victims that died.

"In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died."

https://time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/

RJG

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    King_Me said:
    The financial markets are reacting to the virus -

S&P Futures
    -54.50(-1.65%)

Dow Futures
    -471.00(-1.63%)

Nasdaq Futures
    -188.75(-2.06%)
    The Tylenol and surgical mask stocks should be soaring?
    Day traders must live for crap like this.

Captain Todd Approves