Repower at Bass Pro in Palm Bay

Has anyone had experience with Bass Pro Shop/ Tracker service center in Palm Bay?

I'm ready to repower with a Mercury 300 HP V8 Four Stroke and got a quote from the sales guy, but it seemed like I knew more about the motor and accessories than he did! He did give me a nice price for the motor, but if they do a poor job on the install then it's not worth the money saved.

I did speak to the service guy and he seemed to know what was needed, but still curious about their shop. Opinions please, thanks.

Replies

• HighSpeedPursuitHighSpeedPursuit Posts: 177 Deckhand
    I don't know anything about them, but am not surprised as I wouldn't thi they would be very knowledgeable. Don't we have any other Merc dealers around? Know that there is Mullis in Cocoa if you are going Merc.
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 924 Officer
    My buddy had a 225 optimax removed from his boat and replaced with another one at that Bass Pro shop.
    He didn't have any complaints.
    Are you worried about the install of the gauges if fiberglass or finish work has to be done to make everything fit or mechanical stuff?
    Not much to bolting an outboard to the back of the boat and connecting everything... I've done several myself on my driveway and I'm not a mechanic.
    I would ask to specifically speak to the service guy and tell him your concerns up front...