Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

GPS locations of rocks?

I traded boats and need to update my "new" GPS with the location of the rocks to avoid in the Crystal River/Yankeetown areas. I have a list of GPS numbers for 31 rocks to avoid in the CR area that supposedly came from SeaTow but while I'm entering all the numbers I might as well make sure I'm up to date.
Does anyone have a list they'd share or know where to find that info online? Thanks!

If anyone wants a copy of what I have, just let me know and I can email it to you. I copied it into an Excel file.

Replies

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,806 Captain
    I think he is looking for an updated list of dangerous rocks?
  • WB DrifterWB Drifter Posts: 290 Deckhand
    I used saved tracks to run CK, WR and YT. I put them up on the STM site. I can open the links in Chrome it gives a save as box. I verified that I could open both files in an old copy of Mapsource and that I could transfer them to a Garmin GPSMAP 78sc. Don't know if that helps or knot.

Garmin .gbd format ....

https://www.stm460.net/fsf/tracks-ck-wr-yt.gdb

gpx format ....

https://www.stm460.net/fsf/tracks-ck-wr-yt.gpx

Standard disclaimer about use with at your own risk and with discretion.

[SIGPIC] You are only allowed 0 images. [/SIGPIC]
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,966 AG
    well there is Therons rock, Cutters rock, Pauls Rock, Sow & Three Pigs, **** Rocks, Pelican Rock to name a few..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    For 10k I can show you pretty much every bad rock in Citrus and part of Hernando cty.
    I have 44 years of experience..

Your boat of course..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,060 Admiral
  • jadman69jadman69 Posts: 200 Deckhand
    This is what I found already posted on here from previous discussions.  You can thank them for it.  I hope it helps you out. 

Got Sea Tow Ernie's list of hazards from Doc Stressor and noticed that they're all North of the areas I fish. With that said, thought it might be helpful to list a few of the hazards I've found in the Homosassa area.

2844.700/8245.510 off Mkr #10 Homosassa Rock 1' below surface eats lower units
    2846.615/8248.746 SW of Homosassa Bird Rack Rock 1/2' below eats lower units
    2847.603/8247.413 Inside Bird Rack rocks to surface
    2848.106/8247.754 Inside Bird Rack iron post to surface
    2849.030/8249.029 Rock out of water at extreme low tide
    2849.672/8246.549 Rocks 236 degrees off Ozello marker out of water on low tides

All these numbers are approximate but they are verified and can easily cause plenty of damage as one neighbor found on the rock off Marker 10.

This from 4WARD:  copy and paste

Again use at your own risk.
    Those iron posts were part of another bird rack that washed away years ago