Home Action Craft Boats

What will my next flats boat be?

NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 70 Deckhand
I have a Coastal Bay 1910 that is a great boat.  Only downside is it doesn't fit in my garage and draws a little too much water for where I like to fish.  I am going to move it up to NJ to replace my bay boat up there.  So I need another flats boat for here in Punta Gorda.  I like the Action Craft brand so thinking maybe a 1720 that claims it only draws 7:" to 9".  I also want to stay at 17' so I can garage it and avoid winter storage fees.  
If you were buying a 17' flats boat what brand would you get?

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

Replies

• MBC223MBC223 Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 37 Deckhand
    I think the 1720 is the best option around, super wide for a 17.  Call Steve at the factory and he can fix you up with a new gen 3.

• NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 70 Deckhand
    MBC223 said:
    I think the 1720 is the best option around, super wide for a 17.  Call Steve at the factory and he can fix you up with a new gen 3.

I did connect with Steve.  He had a used 2005 1720 with a junk engine.  He hooked me up with a new Merc 115 4stroke.  I picked it up yesterday.  Can't wait to try it out.  Everyone at AC was super to deal with.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

• davepjr71davepjr71 FloridaPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    edited February 7 #4
    How long is your 1910 on the trailer? I'm having a place built with a 24-25' deep garage and trying to figure out how big will fit. Thanks 
  • NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 70 Deckhand
    My garage is 25' deep and it fit with no room to spare.  total length will be influenced by the trailer and how the boat sits on the trailer.  You can also add a folding tongue to help.  good luck.