Need help with Keel Repair Fort Lauderdale/Davie area

Terence1Terence1 Posts: 157 Deckhand
Need to find someone in Fort Lauderdale/Davie area to repair around 3ft. of keel gelcoat damaged by trailer crossmember.

Replies

• plasteredplastered Posts: 176 Deckhand
    OUCH that hurts on a new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Terence1Terence1 Posts: 157 Deckhand
    Yeah it does hurt. I had a broken bunk and mako replaced all the bunks under warranty. They sprayed the bunks with a silicone spray,. At the ramp this caused the boat to slide off the trailer before it was completely in the water and keel hit and scraped on the crossmember.
    I think I got someone to come to my house to do the repair this coming weekend. 
    I am thinking of putting a piece of starboard on the crossmember so that the keel may slide on it instead of scrapping across the metal if it happens again. 
  • stebfishstebfish Posts: 173 Deckhand
    Terence1 said:
    Yeah it does hurt. I had a broken bunk and mako replaced all the bunks under warranty. They sprayed the bunks with a silicone spray,. At the ramp this caused the boat to slide off the trailer before it was completely in the water and keel hit and scraped on the crossmember.
    I think I got someone to come to my house to do the repair this coming weekend. 
    I am thinking of putting a piece of starboard on the crossmember so that the keel may slide on it instead of scrapping across the metal if it happens again. 
    I have a piece of white starboard on the last crossmember of all my trailers. Also helps as a visual at night. Had a buddy of mine put a nice routed edge on each side.