Remember when

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,618 AG
This site had lots of helpful conversations? Talked about hunting? None of this BS. It's been about 5 years or so I'd say. Those that conversed with us and actually gave good input are gone. The new wave of younger boys, smart azzes have ruined it. There are some older cods too but only speaking up once the new kids showed. Just look at every post. I'm about done myself. Carry on with all the chest beating, smart ****  BS. Good luck to everyone. I couldn't imagine being some of y'all's better or worst halves. F'n kids I tell you. 

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,878 Captain
    Nope. Lol. Been here for 10 yrs and theres always been trash talkin’. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,745 AG
    Your posts are some of the few that I open and y'alls NW section is one of two that I regularly check into..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 100 Greenhorn
    It would be a boring place if there was NO disagreements.  But there are a few that have to make some kind of sexual innuendo comment on almost every thread.  That gets old after ... once.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,195 Officer
    Hey man! I try to post helpful hints and be kind. I take all the advice I can get from yall!
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • awayaway Posts: 333 Deckhand
    Except it's not a generational thing
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 337 Deckhand
    edited January 8 #7
    I'm here to gain valuable information and I reciprocate at any chance I get. Simple as that.
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,407 Officer
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 1,763 Captain
    Don't really notice younger guys on here talking ****.
    Mostly the older guys stirring it up on here..
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,900 Captain
    Not many kids on here. Majority are older folk. 

I think buckfever's assessment is pretty spot on for the last 5 years or so. 

But when i first joined the forum in 2004 it still had the same crap going on. Albeit now there are hardly any fishing or hunting reports to drown it all out. I was in high school and remember getting crap from people about my fishing questions. 
  • Grove1Grove1 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    buckfever said:
    This forum is split between first time posters that just got a gun and want someone to read the wma brochure to them or for directions to someone's honey hole and older members who are stuck on repeat.

Here comes Benelli with botcha, Bullfrog with airguns, a1 with dogs that go wherever, trt with his 93,000 acre personal heaven, haribison with his hog hunt and computer graphics.  Followed by fl od saying something nobody understands.
    This is hilarious.... and accurate... Although I do find a lot of Bullfrogs posts to be very helpful.
    I would say most of the helpful reports come from the younger guys (flatsmatt, Josh Scott, Spangler, etc). There is occasionally some very helpful information on here that I learn from.
    But I do see most of the ###$ stirrers as being older. A lot of it is just "back in the day everything was better" which I have no doubt to be true, but isn't real helpful for today.

I do wish more people would just post reports (like spangler did).... I enjoy reading about them and hearing about folks' success, especially on public land!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,745 AG
    Only once in 30 years have I had a bird dog get out of pocket..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,525 Admiral
    When I look at the landing page for this forum virtually all of the posts are questions about hunting, comments about hunting/game management, or reports on hunting.

Are you sure you aren't just overreacting to some comment someone made to you once or twice?  Or something you disagreed with?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,652 Captain
    micci_man said:
    This site had lots of helpful conversations? Talked about hunting? None of this BS. It's been about 5 years or so I'd say. Those that conversed with us and actually gave good input are gone. The new wave of younger boys, smart azzes have ruined it. There are some older cods too but only speaking up once the new kids showed. Just look at every post. I'm about done myself. Carry on with all the chest beating, smart ****  BS. Good luck to everyone. I couldn't imagine being some of y'all's better or worst halves. F'n kids I tell you. 

“Cyber scouting, it ain’t what it used to be.....” 

Yes. 
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 337 Deckhand
    There are a couple guys on here that obviously have some history and disdain for one another. I'm not going to use any names but it's a constant. I mean the site admins got rid of the freaking disagree button because of you quacks; pun intended
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,362 AG
    I haven't been able to hunt in 2 years, hoping i can this year but since I stopped i haven't really been on the hunting section and TBF I don't have tons of decent advice to give anyway.  I like kicking around topics but I was never a great hunter to begin with.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,470 Captain

Im just here to help people, learn what I can, and swat Restrictionists and Holier-than-thou hunters.

I don't post many hunting reports bc not a lot of good comes out of it. If you want a sure fire way to catch criticism such as "not a real hunt" "hope you picked up those shells" "hope you had 2 guys in the boat for those 2 Mottleds" etc etc etc, then post a report with a photo.  

I will say this is probably the most free speech forum I have run across.  If you want to see TOTAL d-baggery check out some of the Florida Hunting Facebook pages (especially the duck hunting ones and we all know about us duck hunters!) 

• GeetchGeetch St. Pete and JasperPosts: 222 Deckhand
    Shooting pigs in a pen is legal, but not a real hunt. :smiley:
    Bout the same as shooting baited deer from a fort.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,652 Captain
    Pinman said:

Im just here to help people, learn what I can, and swat Restrictionists and Holier-than-thou hunters.

I don't post many hunting reports bc not a lot of good comes out of it. If you want a sure fire way to catch criticism such as "not a real hunt" "hope you picked up those shells" "hope you had 2 guys in the boat for those 2 Mottleds" etc etc etc, then post a report with a photo.  

I will say this is probably the most free speech forum I have run across.  If you want to see TOTAL d-baggery check out some of the Florida Hunting Facebook pages (especially the duck hunting ones and we all know about us duck hunters!) 

But those “this is a hybrid duck” videos from guys hunting in their second season are so informative. All the cool people buy his camo. I hope most them don’t realize he’s only been hunting 2 years....
  • GeetchGeetch St. Pete and JasperPosts: 222 Deckhand
    Nah, they can always run away. 
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 377 Deckhand
    and duck hunting at a sta  :#    
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,539 Admiral
    As an old, I cant really say if its us, or youngins or in-betweens who are edgy and get the garbage started since I haven't a clue on who is who or who is old or young

With that said, I'd say i've seen and read it all since @ 2002/3 (cant recall anymore), I do feel  that in the days of lore when the forum was smaller, there was more of a helpfulness and less judging. A solid comraderie overall (we had some amazing statewide bashes), but of course there were a few personalities that clashed and that's to be expected. 

Then the forum grew, and grew, and GREW.

It then seemed that percentage wise  that there were waaaay more douches. But in reality I don't think so. I just think that with so many more members we had the same increase in douches and they were just as vocal as always. Subsequently they eventually pushed many of the good ones away (or they post/frequent much less).
    And here we are

That's my view on this particular subject.
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
    edited January 9 #26
    Technically, where is the line between an old and a young?  Need to know before I attempt to clarify which is the cause of the perceived degradation of this forum.  

Is it tthe age of 30?  Or is it 40 now that so many millenials are still at home pursuing their advanced studies longer?
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,539 Admiral
    Or is it 40 now that so many millenials are still at home pursuing their advanced studies longer?
    lol
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,066 Officer
    edited January 10 #29
    ANUMBER1 said:
    flat brim hats and white costas draw the line.
    **** I hate hats like that. W-T-F?
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 2,618 Captain
    I think Art is talking about these kind of young adults.