New stick pin mount (poor man's power pole)

Replies

• anytideanytide Posts: 114 Deckhand
    photo2.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    fold-away push pole holder-custom
    clamp-on storage /consoles -any profile /application

bns2.jpg
    bns.jpg
    valton2.jpg
    valton4.jpg
    valton3.jpg
    All custom fab. /any profile /application.
    mattypph2.jpg
    mattypph.jpg
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,335 Moderator
    Beck, Aint nothin finer, than having a friend who welds aluminum :)

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Catmandew wrote: »

CMD

Especially one that's really good!
  • Mr. DemeanorMr. Demeanor Posts: 370 Officer
    Guys,
    I am putting together a website specifically for cool and unique products like the ones in this thread. I manufacture some products myself and marketing these things can take up a lot of time and effort. If you would be interested in putting your products on my website give me a call or email. The goal here is to get as many cool products as possible that you wont find in big stores. We help each other out by having a customer come to look at one item and seeing other thngs they didnt even know existed (and just cant live without!).
    I just grabbed the domain name and threw up a page just to get things started. The website is www.CoolWaterProducts.com
    I have a good number of interested small manufactures now. I think this is going to be a real hit. Think of it as The Sharper Image or Sky Mall for boating and fishing.
    I will be working on getting the website into an active state in the very near future.
    If you know of anyone who might produce something along these lines, have them contact me. The more products the better everyone will do.
    Thanks and sorry for the partial derail....
    Chris
  • dieselbeefdieselbeef Posts: 652 Officer
    Catmandew wrote: »

CMD

i do alum...myakka city,,,built towers for southcoast alum for 5 yrs..if yer local lemme know
    16 ccf wellcraft.....
    clapm9512.jpg
    custom swivel push pole brackets/ extra wide.
    100_0946_zps21a7ad26.jpg
    100_0945_zpse1da3fac.jpg
    100_0942_zps866d9736.jpg
    :)
    custom rod /anchor pin racks , any profile /application.
    SWS-Rod-Racks-Review-8-1024x768.jpg
    100_0959.jpg
    rogerkkkkk.jpg
  • mac02wmac02w Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Can you deploy it from the platform? That's the major downside I was thinking. By the time get down to anchor you've spooked or lost the fish.

Boat share for the demanding angler.
    http://angler-share.com/
    YES......... thats the whole idea of the design -not to spook the fish , the pin stays in the mount under enough pressure to hold it in place ,simply /quietly push in down when ready.
    bbpph.jpg
  • Flats_FisherFlats_Fisher Posts: 90 Deckhand
    What about a push pole caddi and stakeout mount in one fixture? Maybe the mounting of the fixture would be too high from the deck to make it effective as a stakeout mount??? Additionally, you’d lose some stakeout stroke based on the height of the fixture from the water surface.
    bbapmcl.jpg
    im on this ..locally might be able to get some rod from a supplier at work...ill tie it to a cleat til i build amount...this is great stuff. i anchor 20 times a day and the wife hates doing it!!!
    16 ccf wellcraft.....
    custom troller arms /mounts/braces...
    trollergear_zps870b67eb.jpg
    trollergear2_zpsf57d0f24.jpg
    trolling014king_zps2e691a4d.jpg
    trllrapm11512_zpsd0523754.jpg
    20130223_171945_zpsbf0dc66d.jpg
    custom troller arms /all UV composite.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,833 Moderator
    A few quick question on the manual poles for positioning a boat...

1. You think one would work on a 22 foot 2,600 pound bay boat? It's a Century 2202

2. If it would work, how much penetration do you think we you would need, and what size dia rod?

3. We'll be trailering down to the Keys this year for opening of lobster season and will do most of our stuff in the bay. I know that danforths pull quick in the bay with al that grass with lots of chaine. Because that's true, I've never had a chance to evaluate what's underneath the grass. If I anchor here in a stiff wind, the longer I"m on the hook the deeper the anchor digs and the harder it is to pop lose. Down there, it pops out with in a 10 mph wind.... So, the question is... is there sand beneath the grass roots, or do you hit limestone? WIll a power pole work in that 6-10 foot clear water stuff around the banks out of Marathon.

I don't have the money to buy a Power Pole right now, but a manual deal sure would be nice on the holes that have a lot of lobster on them. Anchor gets to be a pain.
    We'll be trailering it
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    install1_zps72d6bc13.jpg
    20130223_171945_zpsbf0dc66d.jpg
    trollergear_zps870b67eb.jpg
    troller3_zpsfb77642d.jpg
    trolling014king_zps2e691a4d.jpg
    custom troller arms/ anchoring mounts
  • VertigoVertigo Yankeetown, FLPosts: 590 Officer
    Here's one really, really simple stick pin mount:
    14876_571944542816468_1313384810_n.jpg

There's one on the stern too....of course you have to build the boat to get these kind of mounts.
    482394_573118799365709_1664339890_n.jpg
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 454 Deckhand
    I just ordered two TnA 8' stick poles. I have never liked the idea of mounting the alternatives to my transom. More things to go wrong with pumps, electrical and added transom weight. The cost of $130 of two delivered isn't bad either versus $3K or so for the others I won't name.

I may buy the TnA mount ($100) but first ill see how they work by themselves tied to my bow cleat and polling platform.
  • VertigoVertigo Yankeetown, FLPosts: 590 Officer
    Here's where I got my anchor pins, $20 each plus shipping, many sizes and colors to choose from: http://www.mgs4u.com/fiberglass-tube-rod.htm
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 454 Deckhand
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Here's where I got my anchor pins, $20 each plus shipping, many sizes and colors to choose from: http://www.mgs4u.com/fiberglass-tube-rod.htm

Dang it I could have had camo!
    IMG_20130405_140514_993_zps64986b3a.jpg
    i tried to get a group buy with those guys o get a deal on the shipping but nobody cared..we could get 10 guys or so we could get em for like 25 bucks
    16 ccf wellcraft.....
    IMAG0255_zps71d6e47a.jpg