Home General Hunting

What Do You Do When

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,429 AG
    buckfever said:
    How many dogs has a1 had shot?
    One
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    zimmy4209 said:
    I heard that starting next season every deer dog has to have a tracking collar. Anyone heard this? If true, you’d think they could integrate a shock into the collar to stop the dogs. Especially near roads. 

Matt, I’d hunt in my FWC uniform if you have one yet lol. 
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be implemented by 2021 not this upcoming season. There is also some kind of correction deal for the collar not sure if it's a shock or just the basic beeping but as far as I know it's been passed 
    I got some of those collars, lemme put one on your neck and hit level 6.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 969 Officer
    Been there done that tough guy 
    So anumber1 you mean to tell me your such a big bad dog hunter and you've never put collar on yourself and tried it. Wow that's pretty much bush league you ask me. So much for being dogs best friend eh.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,326 AG
    F*%# a dog.  

I mean, good dogs get a pass.  I would never shoot a good or even indifferent dog.  An aggressive dog on property I own or lease would be shot without a 2nd thought.  They are so far below me on the natural hierarchy I can't imagine letting them interfere with my life in the woods.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    And for the record I didnt mean it needs to be implemented i meant it's already in the works  Well find out next month whether it becomes law or not. I dont make the laws just follow them
    If anybody can let me know how to post a video I even got video of collar on my neck at 6 power to post for y'alls enjoyment 😆
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 528 Officer
    zimmy4209 said:
    If anybody can let me know how to post a video I even got video of collar on my neck at 6 power to post for y'alls enjoyment 😆
    Upload to youtube, then post link :)
    zimmy4209 said:
    So anumber1 you mean to tell me your such a big bad dog hunter and you've never put collar on yourself and tried it. Wow that's pretty much bush league you ask me. So much for being dogs best friend eh.
    Thru all the levels buckwheat before it ever went on a dog.
    Level 6 isn't pleasant.
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 474 Deckhand
    pssssshhhhh.  Try an msd igniter box. That will knock you on your a$$ and post that 
  • buckfeverbuckfever Posts: 164 Deckhand
    Do you think that maybe your dog was shot because of your attitude as much as his tresspassing?
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,367 Captain
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Level 6 isn't pleasant.
    Weak! Turn in your mancard!
    ANUMBER1 said:
    zimmy4209 said:
    Thru all the levels buckwheat before it ever went on a dog.
    I must be gaining a little bit of respect from ya. Went from snowflake to buckwheat😆 gonna work on the YouTube deal here shortly 
    buckfever said:
    Do you think that maybe your dog was shot because of your attitude as much as his tresspassing?
    whose dog got shot?
    So I got the video uploaded on youtube but am a electronic derelict. No idea how to find a link to post. Also gotta excuse the quality its recorded on this phone from a really old flip phone. You can still see _hit got my attention though uh huh 
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 528 Officer
    edited January 6 #108

zimmy4209 said:
    So I got the video uploaded on youtube but am a electronic derelict. No idea how to find a link to post. Also gotta excuse the quality its recorded on this phone from a really old flip phone. You can still see _hit got my attention though uh huh 

Doesn't look pleasant.

Here's your link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4Xn7nbTrY
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,670 Admiral
    I slip Hunted down to the big Swamp behind my House this Afternoon. As I got just into the Cypress 2 Labs ran by at 30 yards.
    Got them both as they were swimming away.
    Headed back thru the Pines and jumped a German Shorthair holding tight right next to a bunch of Quail.
    He tried to throw me off buy freezing  and sticking his tail straight out. Used the new 10 mm Kimber Custom on it.
    Lot's of Sausage Grinding next week...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    edited January 7 #110
    Marking myself safe from feral dogs at 1950..
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Marking myself safe from feral dogs at 1950..

OMG, I am dead
    Whisky post

zimmy4209 said:

Doesn't look pleasant.

Here's your link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4Xn7nbTrY
    Thank you sir 
    ok, I concede, I did to 3 with the trashbreaker on my neck, 4-6 was on the inside of my arm..

you win.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,104 Captain
    **** going on here? An official “Hillbilly off”?
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,104 Captain
    edited January 7 #116

Pic from this morning on a Woodrow hole smelling a cripple. He’s 11 now. Love watching him smell the air. He’s pretty much feral during duck season. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,984 Captain
    edited January 7 #117
    **** going on here? An official “Hillbilly off”?
    Now you’ve done it. Don’t disrespect Hillbillies. Hillbillies are intelligent and don’t praise ignorance, it’s a geographical term, misused by people from the east coast (New Yorkers) who confuse them with rednecks. These fools are rednecks or crackers, take your pick. But I gotta say they are starting to challenge the face pages on the stupidity level. 
    That was just one of many bonehead ideas I said yes to for a 12 pack of beer growing up. I dont think I'd do it again for 10 grand these days. Think I still get a "twitch" from it every now and again just thinking about it.
    edited January 7 #120
    3 hrs in the woods and marked safe from feral dogs. 
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,221 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Some of my good friends are deputies.
    Years ago during a drinking night with these friends we played a Russian roulette with their stun guns (before tazers), only of of the three guns had a battery.

We'd mix them up and each pick one. 

Was fun
    Who won?
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement.