Home General Hunting

Duck hunting Tampa bay

2»

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,927 Captain
    edited January 4 #32
    I know the question was rhetorical sort of.

They are man made opportunities as both mallards and geese were put  there by the progress of development and its inhabitants.  To act like people are taking away the opputunity at geese and mallards  is a ridiculous argument because it never existed. 

Im not cancelling any trip to shoot mallards that live  in tampa bay. To me it is a pet duck. Same with the geese. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,429 AG
    Sho migrating mallards back in the late 60s and early 70s.

Citrus county.

And pin tails, Wideon, cans etc.

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,650 Captain
    edited January 4 #34
    Ducks are ducks....Geese are Geese. For the sake of Mottled ducks all Greenheads in Florida need to go.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,429 AG
    migrating mallards bub, not golf course.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,326 AG
    Migrating mallards are still here in FL. 
    It is interesting to see how many duck hunters seem to think they don't belong here.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,165 Captain
    The hunting near developments is going to be a difficult issue for the future...UW-F has fought three battles recently supporting the FWC legal staff's work to prevent loss of hunting at Casselberry, Belle Isle and Hunters Lake.....Obviously "warm bodies" count in these battles...thanks to all who email or attend the County Commission meetings...if you want to have a part please join with us...Click on Membership
    www.uw-f.org
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,326 AG
    We should refer to it as "developing near hunting" from here on out.

I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • 139sst139sst Posts: 340 Deckhand
    if you are hunting in central Florida you are hunting near a development. 
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
    We should refer to it as "developing near hunting" from here on out.

funny
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button