Report December 1-17 Caxambas to Goodland

I came down for the month to fish with mixed results.  Fished mostly around Kice Island using Monty 1/4 oz every color as long is it’s chartreuse tipped with a tiny piece of shrimp.  Yesterday caught trout to 21”, today caught a 23” bluefish and a small red.  Last week around the full moon had one day of 14 pompano, 8 reds several maks, jacks and ladies, and haven’t been able to duplicate it. No luck for me in blind river or Morgan river.  

Red ride is all but gone now but did cause coughing around caxambas first couple of days of December. Also noticed a beached dead turtle on Kice as well as deer or large dog which swam out to the oyster beds in the manatee zone just south/west of caxambas....very strange. 

Water we is getting milky and only getting worse in the coming days.  Since I have no idea where or when or how to fish in the wind, I’ll take a short hiatus.

Good Luck and tight lines !

Replies

• hhfishermanhhfisherman Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report. It will be windy for at least another week.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,181 Officer
    Thanks for the report.... Unfortunately it appears the winds are gonna be here over christmas. I took all next week off to get my son out on some fish. We have a small window before he has to be back on base, will try and hide from the wind i guess!!
    Jason :USA
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,572 Captain
    I'm showing a pretty good weather window starting Christmas day and running good for the following five days (if the weather channel knows their stuff...).  You're dead on about this coming weekend and the last two days before Santa...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Golfn1Golfn1 Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    I’m still going to try and fish using some of the techniques Bob and others have mentioned.  Hoping to find a couple not called kitty cat.
  • daleco78daleco78 Naples, FLPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    nice report. Keep them coming and as soon as I’m back on the water I will post some results. 
    Left knee partial replacement yesterday. 
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,181 Officer
    I'm showing a pretty good weather window starting Christmas day and running good for the following five days (if the weather channel knows their stuff...).  You're dead on about this coming weekend and the last two days before Santa...
    Yes sir.... Looks like we will fish thursday and friday before he departs on saturday.
    Jason :USA