Home General Hunting

Reasonable price for a deer hunt.

dredonndredonn Posts: 54 Deckhand
I've been looking online at a lot of outfitters, and none of their prices are close to each other. I'm not looking to hunt a trophy, just put some meat in the frezzer, what would be a reasonable price to hunt a deer in Florida, and any recommendations on a good outfitter.

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,671 Admiral
    I got Does in my back 20...Grand each..you bring the Beer.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 517 Officer
    florida is the problem      look in alabama or georgia       a guy i know goes for a weekend every year   waynesboro georgia      2 doe and 1 buck     850.00   includes lunch both days     3 or 4 guys go every year and all of them get 2 doe and a buck.     
    I pay $1'500 in Florida for a 6 month season , Year round access and as many deer and hogs as I want....within State Regs...
    A Weekend only Hunt would be terrible.
  • namanjohnson101namanjohnson101 indiaPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    hi,

It depends on what's included in the hunt. Is this a simple hunt for 1 day/evening? It could be overnight or a weekend hunt with lodging included.
    Prices could range from one extreme ($50.00) to the other ($1,000.00). It all depends on what kind of hunting experience you have in mind. Some people will pay good money to hunt on land with big bucks.

regards

• dredonndredonn Posts: 54 Deckhand
    hi,

It depends on what's included in the hunt. Is this a simple hunt for 1 day/evening? It could be overnight or a weekend hunt with lodging included.
    Prices could range from one extreme ($50.00) to the other ($1,000.00). It all depends on what kind of hunting experience you have in mind. Some people will pay good money to hunt on land with big bucks.

regards

I'm just  looking to put some meat in the frezzer, I'd  gladly stay in a motel to help save some money.
  • dredonndredonn Posts: 54 Deckhand
    meateater said:
    florida is the problem      look in alabama or georgia       a guy i know goes for a weekend every year   waynesboro georgia      2 doe and 1 buck     850.00   includes lunch both days     3 or 4 guys go every year and all of them get 2 doe and a buck.     
    Do you know the name of the outfitter?
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    I don't even want to calculate what my first pig cost.. :#
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    edited December 2019 #9
    Seriously, If you don't live real close to open public land, it's more expensive than a lease.  Gotta be.  At least per deer/hog/turkey lol  Between the boat and hunting, I pretty much work for gas now :D
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
    Why are you stuck on Florida for a canned Hunt ?
    Texas for 2 or 3 Grand will put you on a 120 or better...Hogs are like Please , Take some..