Home General Hunting

Passing it along

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,463 AG
I learned of this site on another hunting forum from some guys bow hunting the midwest. The conversation of clothing came up and not being bulky but staying warm and being able to pull a bow back.

Great deals from my comparing same items at other places. I got some of the Blackovis merino  wool 200g  base layer tops and bottoms. They do daily deals but if you click on forum, featured brands you can get any item for the discount even if it isn't the daily deal as long as it is in stock.

https://www.camofire.com/ 
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,372 Captain
    Been using camofire for years. Recommended to many of my friends as well. You can't go wrong if they are schlepping something you need.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,463 AG
    Big Mak said:
    Been using camofire for years. Recommended to many of my friends as well. You can't go wrong if they are schlepping something you need.
    Dang Big Mak. Now we know where we stand  :/

Just ordered a Blackovis merino wool beanie and gloves. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • MCSHunterMCSHunter Posts: 557 Officer
    Thanks micci_man, I just checked it out. Looks good
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,671 Admiral
    Just ordered a full zip Hoodie and a Gaiter...Thanks !
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,372 Captain
    Man! I thought everyone knew about that site by now. They've been around a long time.
  • smhsmh Posts: 302 Deckhand
    Good looking gear!  I know vests are particularly useful for this application (bowhunting in cold weather).  Vests are good at keeping your trunk warm and covered while eliminating bulky material on your arms that limits range of motion when drawing.  Also when trying to limit bulky clothing in archery hunting, I'd recommend some sort of wind-blocking layer.  Rather than trying to beat a penetrating wind by multiple layers of clothing, use a single wind blocking garment to cut down on bulk.  They might be a little pricey, depending on what you buy, but they effective at keeping you warm without a lot of bulk.
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,498 Officer
    MidwayUSA and Rogers always has some decent stuff in their clearance section.