PENN Q&A Customer Service Forum Page Now Live

Replies

• PENNPENN Posts: 373 Deckhand
    Components - Fuji guides & reel seat
    Blank - Higher graphite composition
    Handle material - premium cork
  • minowjoeminowjoe Posts: 717 Officer
    how big is the Penn squall 40ld and would this be good for trolling for grouper
  • The ReyesThe Reyes Posts: 44 Deckhand
    Hello Penn,
    I was wondering who is a good contact at penn? I recently sent an email out over the weekend and never got a response. Not sure if that person is no longer for you guys. If you can give me an email I can forward it to you. Thanks alot.
  • nolanodie97nolanodie97 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    I got the Penn battle pro2 3000 combo with 15lbs braid power pro and was wounder what species of fish could i catch with this fishing inshore saltwater
  • minowjoeminowjoe Posts: 717 Officer
    snook, redfish, drum, snapper, sheepshead, pompano, trout, jacks, ladyfish, spanish mackeral, the list goes on...
  • coleHcoleH Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Hi, I bought my Spinfisher v 3500 this past june and have only fished the salt with it for about 10 days and i have sprayed off with fresh water every evening and even oiled it once every now and again. My problem is it feels like turning a meet grinder, not like a "loose bits" but just a very intense gear grind and the words on the frame have worn off. I use this reel for flounder jigging and its so rough i cant feel the flounder hit my jig. i would hope to send this reel in and get it fixed or replaced.
    Cole,

You can send the reel in for repair. Go to our website and print out the repair form, include it with the reel and send it in (the address can be found on the form).

tony
    Ok but i dont think i should have to pay to get it repaired with still under warranty and only been used a few times. I dont mind paying to ship it but im not going to pay to get it repaired with it doing somthing it shouldnt and it still under warranty. thanks
    Cole,

Include a copy of your purchase receipt and there will be no charge.

tony
    Thank you Tony i will get in the mail tomorrow you have been a big help! Thanks Cole.
    Hi Tony, i have one last question for you, on the repair form do i have to include my credit card # even though its under warranty? thanks
    Cole,

No need to put a CC# on the form for warranty repairs.

tony
    Thanks alot tony.

Cole.
  • ZINGINZINGIN Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Penn, I have two spinfisher v series reels, one a 4500 and a 6500 model, both have the LL feature. On both reels the LL feature has went out. I bought the reels at the beginning of last season and only fished them a handful of times. Is this an issue you guys see often? What can I do to have these issues taken care of?
    Zingin,

Send the reels in with a copy of this post and we will handle under warranty. Ship to:

PENN FISHING TACKLE
    ATTN WARRANTY DEPT.
    3028 WEST HUNTING PARK AVE
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19132

tony
  • Dbsurfer419Dbsurfer419 Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    Hi Tony,

I have the same issue with my SSV6500LL as Zingin. New reel, hardly used, LL feature doesn't like to work most of the time.
    Also, I lost the handle to my Battle II 3000. Any help is appreciated, thank you,
  • Wildcard2950Wildcard2950 Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Hi Tony,

So far my son's SSV6500LL is holding up. The other day we were using the Liveliner feature fishing live mackeral for striped bass. While the rod was in the boat road holder, a Striped Bass hit the bait and took off. The Liveliner was doing what it was intended to do, my son clicked in gear while it was in the rod holder. The butt of the Squadron rod snapped as the main drag took over. He held on to the handle and realized what happened. He managed to land the Striped Bass, but the reel only had about 4-6 pounds of drag. Do the Squadron rods have any type of warranty?

Thanks
    Bill
    Hi Tony,

So far my son's SSV6500LL is holding up. The other day we were using the Liveliner feature fishing live mackeral for striped bass. While the rod was in the boat road holder, a Striped Bass hit the bait and took off. The Liveliner was doing what it was intended to do, my son clicked in gear while it was in the rod holder. The butt of the Squadron rod snapped as the main drag took over. He held on to the handle and realized what happened. He managed to land the Striped Bass, but the reel only had about 4-6 pounds of drag. Do the Squadron rods have any type of warranty?

Thanks
    Bill

Bill,

The Squadron serires has a 1 year warranty just as all of our products do, all the info for rod warranties can be found here:

tony

PENN warrants to the original purchaser that its rods are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. PENN is not responsible for normal wear and tear, nor failures caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, misuse or improper care. This applies to either rods purchased separately or as a combo unit.

We do not offer repair or parts for rods. If your rod failed due to a manufacturing defect and is still under warranty, we will be happy to replace it with a new rod of the same or a comparable model. If your rod is within the original warranty period, we will need to inspect your rod to determine the nature of the defect. Please send the following items to [email protected]. These easy steps will help us take care of your warranty claim as efficiently as possible:
    ■Photograph of rod clearly showing the model (found directly above the handle)
    ■Photograph clearly showing the broken area(s) of the rod
    ■Copy of the dated receipt or proof of purchase
    ■A brief description of how your rod broke
    ■Your address and a daytime contact number

Rods under warranty will be replaced for a processing fee of $19.95 US. We will contact you directly to take payment, which can be made by phone via credit card. In the event your rod is no longer manufactured or is currently unavailable, we will also give you a call to discuss your replacement options. Rods that do not qualify for warranty replacement may also be submitted for a discounted replacement. Please contact us directly for details at (800) 892 – 5444 (Monday-Friday, 8 AM- 6 PM EST).
    Hi Tony,

I have the same issue with my SSV6500LL as Zingin. New reel, hardly used, LL feature doesn't like to work most of the time.
    Also, I lost the handle to my Battle II 3000. Any help is appreciated, thank you,

Db,

Send the reel and a copy of the post to

PENN FISHING TACKLE
    ATTN WARRANTY DEPT.
    3028 WEST HUNTING PARK AVE
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19132

You can also note you would like to purchase a Battle handle.

tony
    Hi Tony,

Thanks
    Bill

Thank you for the information.
  • Dbsurfer419Dbsurfer419 Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    Hi Tony,

I just want to take the time out to thank you and PENN for your outstanding customer service. I just got my reel back and couldn't be happier! Thank you so much, this is why all I fish is PENN!
    Hello Tony,

How can I tell if my Penn Torque 30 can accept the versa-gear system?

thanks
    2nd Generation Torque Star Drags can accept the versa-gear system.

Older generation (TRQ100, TRQ200, TRQ300) will not accept the system.

Mike
  • Rippin_lipsRippin_lips Posts: 35 Deckhand
    I recently bought a fierce II 2000 and returned it because the line roller pinched the line. I bought a battle II 2500 and it has the same poor design in the line roller and it pinches the line. What gives?
    Couldn't tell you without seeing the product...feel like sending it in for a look?

All I can tell you I've not heard this complaint before....ever....on Battle, Fierce, etc.

Is the line roller screw tight?

Mike
    Sending it wouldn't be worth it. It's not broken. The screw is tight. The design of the line roller allows the roller to shift side to side and the line gets pinched. I went to a local shop and the guy pulled a brand new fierce II off the shelf and pulled 10 lb power pro straight into the gap on the side of the line roller. I imagine mono wouldn't have this issue but these reels are "braid ready". The only fix I can see would be another washer to help tighten up the shifting side to side. I can take a picture this evening of the line pinching.
    Rippin,

Sorry for the issues you are having, could you confirm whether the line roller stack has 2 washers inside, part #132A on the schematic?

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/PENN/Manuals%20-%20New/407-BATTLE%20BTLII2500.pdf

tony
    Yes both washers were in place on the previous fierce II, and I confirmed both were present on my current battle II. Initially I thought a missing washer could be the culprit but both are present exactly as the schematic shows.
    Do you have any other input for this issue Tony?
    I would recommend sending it in so we can measure the parts that are installed on the reel to see what is causing the issue. As Mike said earlier we have not heard of this complaint before so we are not sure exactly what is going on. 10lb braid should not be getting pinched. Other option would be trying an additional washer to see if that helps, but the there needs to be some side to side play or the roller will bind.

tony