Home Angler On Foot

Snook and trout lower IRL

Morning gents, 
 an awesome weekend. Took a fellow from the forum out to show him the ropes and we had a blast. Limited out on trout and put him on his first snook. All in all 4 snook and lost count on trout. Went to my pompano spot but we’re running out of time. 

DOA split tails, paddle tails, and shrimp were getting it done. It was a slow morning but managed to pull some fish and had a blast doing it. 

As the weather gets cooler the trout fishing will be hotter.  Go get ya some!

Mike

[email protected]

Replies

• HookIHookI Posts: 105 Deckhand
    My favorite way to fish , as I see you really get on them well , I'll get down to Tampa next week . Thanks for sharing 
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 182 Deckhand
    I need to seriously make a plan and get out there - lower IRL seems to be a 90min drive for  me which is doable. MIke - are you a charter/guide?
  • One DropOne Drop Posts: 259 Deckhand
    Awesome report. Stud snook. I've been thinking about getting down to Stuart and hit some Pompano now that my water temps have dipped below 60. 
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 89 Deckhand
    @GeeTee come on down man! This time of year the bite only gets hotter. 

Yes sir. I do guide down here in Stuart and for wading I fish here between fort pierce and Stuart inlets. Frankly it’s slowing down because I just have so much going on in my personal life and fish offshore a lot more. Especially when tournament season is approaching for practice.  But still love to make time to show people the ropes. 

@[email protected]"One Drop" yea man his second cast! They’re tearing them up down here. I’m in town for work for a few weeks and I’m going to make plans to go this next week and try some honey holes  hope y’all had a great holiday 

Mike

[email protected]