Killer Marathon Trip as Always

L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 93 Greenhorn
Great trip as always in Marathon. Being on the water in the keys on my own was new to me. I made it work and had a blast doing so. Limited out on Mangroves nearly every day off of the pier. Had some great action offshore with the rig. Lost lots of hooks and brought in a few decent fish. Got boarded by the Coast Guard roughly 10/13 Miles off Cudjoe Key. Saw a big bull Mahi that wouldn't take a bait. Sliced my finger really good on some braid on day 2. Nearly took off the tip if it wasn't for my finger nail. That kept me off of the ski for a few days until it sealed up enough to get back out. All in all a awesome trip. No good fish pics but here's a few good shots of the trip. One thing is for sure, I need to up my saltwater gear to be better prepared for offshore. 

Replies

• bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 982 Officer
    Where is that?
    for sure a beautiful spot thanks
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 93 Greenhorn
    bocapup1 said:
    Where is that?
    for sure a beautiful spot thanks

Key Colony Beach - Marathon
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 2,004 Captain
    Glad you had a good time maybe we can get together next time.
    Salt water fish are tough - superglue will seal you up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• 101grunts101grunts Posts: 108 Deckhand
    Hey any chance  you were like 10 miles north of marathon bay side thanksgiving day.
    101grunts said:
    Hey any chance  you were like 10 miles north of marathon bay side thanksgiving day.
    I was out thanksgiving day but spent most of the day at the ocean side reef . I did not go that far north into the back country. I was on the north side of marathon for part of the day but not more than half a mile from shore.
    AOKRVs said:
    Glad you had a good time maybe we can get together next time.
    Salt water fish are tough - superglue will seal you up

Yeah I had two deep cuts from the week. One being from braid and the other from a decent mangrove's gill plate. Both enough to require attention. You'd think I would learn by now hahahahahahaha. I asked the lady at walgreens pharmacy about superglue and all she said was biggest problem is sealing in any bacteria if you go that route. 

I will be back with the wife in late June for a few weeks. We will see whats up.