Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Pinfish trap.

ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Senior MemberOzello Fl.Posts: 13,085 AG
Found this in the shrimp only zone off Crystal  River wrapped up with a couple of crab traps.
Brought it to the dock..
Blue buoy with letters  H B C in orange.
If yours let me know.
I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    Nice of you. I wonder if most of the pinfish traps people think are stolen just moved. Whatcha think? 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Senior Member Ozello Fl.Posts: 13,085 AG
    well most have no rebar so unless in a shallow bay then yes, but pinfish trap theft is a huge issue.

This was in a shrimp zone wrapped up with 2 of my traps so was probably drug by a shrimp boat into the area.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • nicknick Senior Member Crystal RiverPosts: 5,062 Admiral
    I think Dallas had blue painted buoys.

I'll start the bidding at $10!
    I don't know who Dallas is.
  • AC ManAC Man Senior Member OcalaPosts: 7,285 Admiral
    I used to put my pin fish trap south west of the last marker in Crystal River. It would move a 1/4 mile at times but no one ever messed with it. 
  • gnomeinbraingnomeinbrain Big BendPosts: 5 Deckhand
    I have had 4 stolen. One time, I checked the trap, but didn't have any bait to refill it. Caught a trash fish, came back an hour later and it was gone.
    "If it ain't broken, don't break it"
  • srfshaddictsrfshaddict ozello keysPosts: 36 Deckhand
    I had one stolen ( many total) in less than a few hours and they cut the float I found a few yards away. Also crab traps within a few hours.Loser scumbags.I feel your pain my friend.
    edited November 2019 #10
    There’s a ton of red crab traps in the river someone cut the buoys on. 

There’s yellow traps right next to them. I’m guessing ole yeller trap got angry someone set in “his area.”
    I had one stolen ( many total) in less than a few hours and they cut the float I found a few yards away. Also crab traps within a few hours.Loser scumbags.I feel your pain my friend.
    are you the one that puts out them junky crab traps right on top of mine?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Senior Member GrovelandPosts: 16,680 AG
    Art were you out Saturday?   I saw a commercial boat out going over his traps while we were trolling around for grouper.
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    No, two of our boats were but not me.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Senior Member Posts: 1,363 Officer
    I used to tie them off to a mangrove with a fishing line, or set out at night and pick in the morning because they would get stolen growing up in cocoa beach with a legally marked float
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!