Hate or really dislike

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,457 AG
I don't want to come across as  we need to sing kum whatever but do any of us really hate or just can't stand someone here? I don't hate anyone in life. Do I not like, or for better terms won't associate with, sure but it isn't because they don't see things my way.

Many here have never met each other. People are different behind a keyboard and a handful are as they type ( i feel for them). This world is crazy and sick enough. The thread in the NW section about Woodsrunner (Mr. Rich, a dear friend) got me to thinking. There have been so many people posting about him that seem to actually care.  Many that have posted can't hold a conversation here with each other without cutting throats on each other. I learned something about a few that posted there once they shared. We really don't know what a person is going through in life and several are going through some serious stuff with health, family, life and friends. We just don't know it. We just take a person for how or what they post. Are we human, sure. We have feelings that run wild, a free will and can at times be down right hateful.

Someone on here once mentioned they don't ask "how are you doing" to someone because the real answer they got can and may come out and it is tough to handle. It's not what you would expect. We expect "i'm doing good how are you"

I'd like to challenge everyone here, just think about what you want to say before you do. I'm not saying we won't disagree. We all won't see eye to eye and agree on things but this board has been here for a long time. I know there are some great people on here (and many that left because of)  even if what they say isn't what you want to hear. I personally had a beef with a member, we butted heads and I went out of my way at times to do so. I met the man in person, we talked, said our thoughts and I added a friend that I wouldn't have if I hadn't have met him in person.

If you do nothing just think about it, maybe even try. Let's try to be more like Mr. Rich and make him proud. 

Good night.



 


Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
«1

Replies

  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 1,499 Officer
    Epstein did not commit suicide.  ;)
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,457 AG
    LOL
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,939 Admiral
    Get bent

    Captain Todd Approves

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,079 AG

    Mini Mart Magnate

  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 5,224 Admiral
    Good morning
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 4,491 Moderator
    micci_man said:
    I don't want to come across as  we need to sing kum whatever but do any of us really hate or just can't stand someone here? I don't hate anyone in life. Do I not like, or for better terms won't associate with, sure but it isn't because they don't see things my way.

    Many here have never met each other. People are different behind a keyboard and a handful are as they type ( i feel for them). This world is crazy and sick enough. The thread in the NW section about Woodsrunner (Mr. Rich, a dear friend) got me to thinking. There have been so many people posting about him that seem to actually care.  Many that have posted can't hold a conversation here with each other without cutting throats on each other. I learned something about a few that posted there once they shared. We really don't know what a person is going through in life and several are going through some serious stuff with health, family, life and friends. We just don't know it. We just take a person for how or what they post. Are we human, sure. We have feelings that run wild, a free will and can at times be down right hateful.

    Someone on here once mentioned they don't ask "how are you doing" to someone because the real answer they got can and may come out and it is tough to handle. It's not what you would expect. We expect "i'm doing good how are you"

    I'd like to challenge everyone here, just think about what you want to say before you do. I'm not saying we won't disagree. We all won't see eye to eye and agree on things but this board has been here for a long time. I know there are some great people on here (and many that left because of)  even if what they say isn't what you want to hear. I personally had a beef with a member, we butted heads and I went out of my way at times to do so. I met the man in person, we talked, said our thoughts and I added a friend that I wouldn't have if I hadn't have met him in person.

    If you do nothing just think about it, maybe even try. Let's try to be more like Mr. Rich and make him proud. 

    Good night.



     


    Well said micci. 

    ." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

    "There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

    mindyabizness

    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

    Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,837 Captain
    edited November 8 #8
    I just know I love Conchy.  <3  The entertainment he has provided me over the years......
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,801 AG
    The tone of voice and personal nuances are lost in the typed word. 

    So ya someone can read mean as hell but just not be an artist with the written language that some need. 
    :BUNNY gestapo

  • dave44dave44 Posts: 9,134 Admiral
    gandrfab said:
    The tone of voice and personal nuances are lost in the typed word. 

    So ya someone can read mean as hell but just not be an artist with the written language that some need. 
    Being flowery takes too much effort.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,417 AG
    I love all of you 
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,457 AG
    LOL i wouldn't have expected less from you man.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,801 AG
    dave44 said:
    gandrfab said:
    The tone of voice and personal nuances are lost in the typed word. 

    So ya someone can read mean as hell but just not be an artist with the written language that some need. 
    Being flowery takes too much effort.
    Some... don't have the ability  ..I.,
    :BUNNY gestapo

  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 5,224 Admiral
    I thought this was a no-snowflake zone......

    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,079 AG
    Most are just having fun anf arguing. I don't take anyone on here seriously. They make me laugh.

    Mini Mart Magnate

  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,559 Captain
    Towards myself, I think there’s only been a couple of regular posters that have had deep seated anger. As is, they’d slash my tires if they could or would delight in misfortune happening to me. Those same couple of people I’m thinking of have treated others similarly. At least one of them isn’t known to be around anymore and I’m somewhat convinced he wasn’t right in the head. 

    But for the most part I think this place is like a men’s locker room where people posture and snap towels for self entertainment but its not anything meant to be deeply malicious. It takes a while to figure that out though. 

    Now whether things “ought” to be like a men’s locker room is open to debate, especially behind a keyboard where we don’t otherwise know each other and nuance or a teasing smirk doesn’t come thru. But it is what it is. 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,108 Admiral
    I've never disliked anyone here.  It's all in good fun.
    I do think some others have not felt that way about me.
    But that didn't bother me, I found it amusing.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 5,634 Admiral
    Its nice sometimes to come here and post a personal life experience and get reactions from some members.  I use to go to my local bar and do that over drinks with my fellow bar patrons and bartenders, can't do that anymore with a new liver :(
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 1,499 Officer
    I don’t belong too or join organization’s that have people like me in them. 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 8,496 Admiral


    Me love you long time. 
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

    Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,119 AG
    I've never disliked anyone here.  It's all in good fun.
    I do think some others have not felt that way about me.
    But that didn't bother me, I found it amusing.
    you're the reason they took the disagree button away :D 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,801 AG
    I disagree 
    :BUNNY gestapo

  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,901 Captain
    I don’t belong too or join organization’s that have people like me in them. 
    Wasn’t that a Willie Nelson quote?
    You should have been here yesterday
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,901 Captain
    In all seriousness, I am going to TRY to behave more like woodsrunner on this forum. Look out for a kinder gentler salty
    You should have been here yesterday
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 1,499 Officer
    I don’t belong too or join organization’s that have people like me in them. 
    Wasn’t that a Willie Nelson quote?
    I think it was a WC Fields? But a good one. 
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,692 Admin
    edited November 8 #26
    I don’t belong too or join organization’s that have people like me in them. 
    Wasn’t that a Willie Nelson quote?
    I think it was a WC Fields? But a good one. 
    Groucho
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,786 Admiral
    Personally...My Name is Chuck and I don't ….
    This is Play time for me and if your Offended by me..Pack Sand...B.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,448 AG
    I don't have much of a filter on here, same as in face to face.

    But I don't hate anyone on here( or in real life except one, not on here) I respect many of y'alls opinions and look forward to your posts.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 5,088 Admiral
    We are all here because we are escaping the day to day monotony of our lives and kicking it up with people who may or may not have similar interests. Think of it as a family with different POVs.  It would be boring if we all agreed with each other. The few southpaws make it interesting even if I don't agree with them..

    “Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,448 AG
    We are all here because we are escaping the day to day monotony of our lives and kicking it up with people who may or may not have similar interests. Think of it as a family with different POVs.  It would be boring if we all agreed with each other. The few southpaws make it interesting even if I don't agree with them..
    I look forward to your posts too.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,334 Captain
    Well said Micci! I was raised not to use the word hate. Dad always said, “we just may not understand someone”.  There have been a few times I erased one of my replies as a little to inflammatory, but over all I enjoy a little verbal jousting if time allows. BF’s locker room vibe is pretty close and yes Salty being a little less Salty will be interesting. 
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
Sign In or Register to comment.