Marker 10 shrimp

Really good shrimping today at marker 10 near drs inlet. Got our limit in 40 minutes. Best cast was 175 shrimp in one cast. Next cast was 163. 20’ seemed the best depth. All shrimp were big. Don’t start throwing until you mark them on your fish finder.  Last picture was one cast.

Replies

• Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,647 Captain
    Very nice! We almost went there today, but fished out of Mayport instead........should have gone shrimping!
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 862 Officer
    Dang it! I went to shands at 12:30 and it 5s and 10s until 2pm when the tide really got running. Then I was getting 30 or 40 and got more than half a bucket in 30 minutes. Had to leave early but got about 3/4 of a bucket.
  • mike.robomike.robo Posts: 242 Deckhand
    You crushed them! I should have went after school.
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 744 Officer
    Went again today, Sunday morning. Took 2 hours to get 5 gallons. Best throw was 90 shrimp. A dozen in the 50's, and the rest lower. Seemed you would get them the first cast then have to move again to find them with the depth finder. Alot of them had red legs. I guess they are on the move. All were large except one lonely medium. Tide was running strong and my 10' net had a hard time getting to the bottom. Broke out the heavier 12' and it worked alot better. That thing wears you out quick. 
    You're on them. I have a full freezer. Still need room for pork and venison. 🙂 got a nice hog thursday..120 lb boar.

Had a quota hunt with muzz yesterday and got a 6pt..120 lbs also...
    Went again this morning and my neighbor got an 85lb sow....

but I was sitting in my stand about 0830 thinking, "I sure like those shrimp, I could be throwing a net right now."😎😎😎

But I think only if I'm eating them fresh now. Had shrimp and grits last night and today for lunch. What a wonderful time of year and how lucky are we to have the outdoor resources we have here! 🙂
    Way to fill the freezer with meat!
  • grandaddy1grandaddy1 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    thanks for the info on the shrimp. Went there today bucket of large shrimp in about an hour
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,124 Officer
    Nice job creek!!

Before you hire Morrocco Madness,  Please understand he is a crazy Trump hating liberal.

Thanks! Deer harvest was kind of a fluke. We waited out the rain on Saturday morning and headed to the wma about 2pm.  When we checked in the gate guard said there were only about 8 trucks on the property so I figured we should be alone in the spot we intended to hunt but sure enough there was a truck parked there. I almost drove on by to the next spot we like but the guy was at the his truck so I stopped and asked if he would mind giving us a general idea of where he was headed. He pretty much described going to the exact spot I was going to sit so I told him my neighbor was not going far at all and I would take a trail much further south so we were all spread well apart.  My neighbor is older and I knew he did not want to go far and for opening muzz you usually don't have to.  I put him in one of my favorite trees and headed off into a big pine flat and about 1000 yards later just turned into the wind a picked a good tree so I could look over a big trail crossing the fire trail I was on. I climbed. Pulled up the muzz. Got settled. Ranged a few trees...I could see a country mile over palmettos and gall berries. Looked over my left shoulder with the range finder and there was a buck standing broadside at 50yrds. Watched for a few minutes and glassed him with binos to see brow tines that I felt were legal third points, lifted gun, put the crosshairs on him and..kaboom. He bucked and trotted about 20yrds and stood there...and slowly just toppled over. I got down and went for the cart. I sat all of 15 minutes. Of course I was all good work after that but I hardly felt like even got to enjoy a nice afternoon in the deer woods!🤔
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,320 Officer
    Sounds like creekgeek is having a pretty good fall but posting deer pics on anothers shrimp report??? then added a story on the same shrimp thread??? hhhmmmm..

congrats on a KILLER day shrimping @Pangaman!  nice work and sorry I missed out on that last weekend!
    Thanks for sharing.. although I am super jelous!
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,124 Officer
    I asked him some hunting questions in the other shrimp thread, so blame me.   Now back on track.  Hit 10 this afternoon.  Did ok   half bucket in an hour.  Good size wish they were a little thicker.   5 to 15 a throw

Before you hire Morrocco Madness,  Please understand he is a crazy Trump hating liberal.

• fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,060 Captain
    who gives a sh ! t? the forum is as dead as it has ever been just be happy someone actually comes on here and comments anymore. We have the same thread of shrimping report about drs inlet.... they will be here for another month unless a big storm comes through go out and catch shrimp on the 18-21ft ledge every single day time the tide to be moving not much to report on.
    Dang. Can't believe I'm being defended by an FSU fan.  But I guess my wife would appreciate it as she graduated from there in 1991 while I was still bleeding orange and blue! 😏 sorry for the break in forum etiquette but it's not like I haven't been contributing to the shrimp discussions. Besides...it's October and they have to share the stage with some tree sitting...like now..hope you are all having a beautiful Friday. 
    creekgeek said:
    Dang. Can't believe I'm being defended by an FSU fan.  But I guess my wife would appreciate it as she graduated from there in 1991 while I was still bleeding orange and blue! 😏 sorry for the break in forum etiquette but it's not like I haven't been contributing to the shrimp discussions. Besides...it's October and they have to share the stage with some tree sitting...like now..hope you are all having a beautiful Friday. 
    My Fiance graduated from Florida unfortunately, but with as slow as the forum has gotten in the past few years we shouldnt be bashing anyone who wants to share their trip/experience. 
    I'm with you on that. And I like talking with local outdoorsmen and there are no regions on the hunting forum anymore.
  • livebaitlivebait Posts: 793 Officer
    Went to 10 Thursday-first of outgoing. Getting 10-15 a throw with some better. Bad conditions-east wind and 12-18 inches of chop. Question-anybody been to SE side of Shands last couple of days- at least can hide from wind.
    We appreciate all your posts! 
  • WhyWorkWhyWork Posts: 266 Deckhand
    We went out yesterday afternoon, middle of out going at Marker 10 and it was dead. A couple a cast, in 8ft of water.  Nothing deeper.  I talked to another guy who started down at Shands pier and worked his way north.  Did not find any at the bridge either.
  • PBRn7.62PBRn7.62 Posts: 126 Deckhand
    Hit the Shands yesterday morning til about noon.  It was slow maybe a 3-5 avg with only a couple throws pulling in 10-20.  They were nice size but were scattered and not along the 16-20 drop like they have been.  Maybe 10 boats out there total.  We all started south of the Shands then ended up on the north side shallow in 7-8ft
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,320 Officer
    yep, and you keep running people out of here with your anger fsu11...  there was no 'bashing' just a simple comment on another mans thread... geeeezzz so much pinned up rage but I have to admit you are entertaining with your rants..

and this is exactly why good folks don't post or respond... great job
  • Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,299 Officer
    edited October 28 #22
    fsu11 said:
    who gives a sh ! t? the forum is as dead as it has ever been just be happy someone actually comes on here and comments anymore. We have the same thread of shrimping report about drs inlet.... they will be here for another month unless a big storm comes through go out and catch shrimp on the 18-21ft ledge every single day time the tide to be moving not much to report on.
    Are you really complaining about it being dead after you ran off all of the legit capts with your trolling back in the day? 
  • livebaitlivebait Posts: 793 Officer
    Went to 10 this morning-started off being 5-15 a throw and then tapered off. Ran to Mandarin Point-nothing. Went to Shand’s and maybe 3 or so a toss. Funny thing- the deeper you were this morning the smaller the shrimp got.
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 744 Officer
    Thanks for the report, wonder if they have moved east towards down town? I heard off the old school board building was a good spot to shrimp.
    fsu11 said:
    Are you really complaining about it being dead after you ran off all of the legit capts with your trolling back in the day? 
    Comical..... please enlighten me of these "Legit Capts" that have been run off? You haven't even been here long enough to see half the $ hit that has gone on in this section. Between the censorship and mods deleting comments I can assure its not me who ran off all those "Legit Capts". But feel free to start a new thread and we can discuss all the things that have run off people in this forum. 
    yep, and you keep running people out of here with your anger fsu11...  there was no 'bashing' just a simple comment on another mans thread... geeeezzz so much pinned up rage but I have to admit you are entertaining with your rants..

and this is exactly why good folks don't post or respond... great job
    sooooo much anger LOL, if that hurt your feelings the internet may not be the best place for you to hang out and have conversations with others. Simple comment where you complained about creekgeek posting up a few pictures and included a story clearly **** that he did it on another persons post sure didnt look like a simple comment to me.
  • Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,299 Officer
    fsu11 said:
    fsu11 said:
    Comical..... please enlighten me of these "Legit Capts" that have been run off? You haven't even been here long enough to see half the $ hit that has gone on in this section. Between the censorship and mods deleting comments I can assure its not me who ran off all those "Legit Capts". But feel free to start a new thread and we can discuss all the things that have run off people in this forum. 
    I've been here since the old forums, bub. You've been a clown the entire time. 
  • Optimum7Optimum7 Posts: 351 Deckhand

I've been here since the old forums, bub. You've been a clown the entire time. 
    x2
  • captwill_80captwill_80 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    We got a decent amount by Ortega bridge last weekend. It was too rough to get out of the river. I can't say I was killing it but 6-8 per cast and decent size.