Stingwray 10/12/19 Red Snapper trip

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 775 Officer
Had some friends wanting to go catch some r snap. It doesn’t take a lot to  convince me to go fishing. So I agreed to this trip and it was a blast. A few had fished on my boat before and a few were newbies. 
Her best r snap of the day and a proud angler.

The crew with their r snap catch

Another great day on the gulf with a group of great friends. 
Catch em up

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Nice!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 775 Officer
    Our trip 10/14/19
    Today’s trip was a little change in pace. It was more about getting my next door neighbor daughters hooked on fishing the gulf. Well told him we didn’t need to fish long and also needed to stay in 60~70ft of water. Put PENN 330gti in the girls hands baited with squid. The girls stayed hooked up for two hours catching triggers, red snap and white snap. They were wore after that and ready to see the hill. Dad caught the prize fish a nice mangrove snap. Fun for me to see the young girls get so excited about catching fish. Think they are hooked. btw fish they are holding was hooked and for the most part reeled in solo. Another great day on the gulf.

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,853 Captain
    Great to see the youngsters involved!!  Stud mangrove by the way!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,901 Captain
    Nice work. That is a true gozer 
    You should have been here yesterday
    Today’s report 10/26/19
    We are staying on the hill today. I assume most  recreational anglers also pulled the plug on their trip. So red snappers are safe from being harvested another day. Of the short red snapper fall season we have lost more days then there were fishable days. On a good note it’s open again next Saturday and Sunday.

• diverritediverrite Posts: 167 Deckhand
    Great trip, my trailer is down, my boat is down so I look at your post. 

How do you like the Yams? I have a Proline 240 CC with a single John 225 and wanting to change
    Suz is cheaper but sure want a good warranty and reliability      Your thoughts??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
    diverrite said:
    Great trip, my trailer is down, my boat is down so I look at your post. 

How do you like the Yams? I have a Proline 240 CC with a single John 225 and wanting to change
    Suz is cheaper but sure want a good warranty and reliability      Your thoughts??

Thanks for taking the time to view our post.  We spend lots of time on the water and take pics for others to enjoy the trip with us. As for the Yamaha outboard motors i think they are very good with great dealer support and yes i like them. I think you could go with either one and get good results.
    Gone Fishin