ARS Season is back on!!!!

2»

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,509 Captain
    edited October 11 #32
    Here's an interesting piece of information:

https://safmc.net/download/RecRegsSummary.pdf

According to this, J hooks are allowed for snapper south of 28 degrees N latitude in the Atlantic.  That would include the Atlantic side of the Keys.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,032 Admiral
    Cracker23 said:
    Circle hooks are required when using bait. Jigs are legal, just can't tip with bait. In my experience, once you get ARS feeding, they will bite anything. 3 yrs ago we got them feeding and we're watching them attack our sinkers, we actually caught 2 or 3 on a bare hook.
    Right, so freelining a shrimp on a yellow tail jig like picman suggested is illegal? Or using chunks of dead bait on a jig is also illegal? That’s how I interpret the law, but wasnt 100% sure
    Freeline the shrimp on a circle hook.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • PicmanPicman Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Picman said:
    Freeline a live shrimp on a yellowtail jig...
    Aren’t red snapper considered reef fish? Only circle hooks are legal for reef fish, right?
    Hey ****!If  If i stop suddenly is your nose gonna go up my ****?
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,990 Captain
    edited October 13 #35
    Picman said:
    Picman said:
    Aren’t red snapper considered reef fish? Only circle hooks are legal for reef fish, right?
    What’s your problem? Just trying to figure out the law. You don’t know, so shut up . 
    Got my limit and plenty more yesterday free lining circles w no lead . How’d you do?
    You should have been here yesterday
    Picman said:
    Picman said:
    What’s your problem? Just trying to figure out the law. You don’t know, so shut up . 
    Got my limit and plenty more yesterday free lining circles w no lead . How’d you do?

Then why have a law? And why would you put how do do it on tv? I’m sure I could find a yellowtail article in fs “teaching” the same tactic 

Picman said:
    Picman said:
     Wife and I went,Since We can only go one weekend We went ahead and kept almost three limits....😂😂😂😂😎
    edited October 13 #38
    Not bad, but you probably took them illegally  ;)
    Not bad, but you probably took them illegally  ;)
    Your nose is cold!😂
    edited October 13 #40
    Picman said:
    Not bad, but you probably took them illegally  ;) Your nose is cold!😂
    Man, I’m really not getting what your putting down. I was just trying to figure out the law and quoted your “technique “. I certainly am not kissing your **** or brown nosing in any way. Thats what you do to people you respect. I don’t know your and certainly don’t respect you, so I’m not sure why you think my nose is up your ****. I can assure you, my nose is no where near you. 
       I believe you don’t know what brown nosing is, because you using it in the wrong context. And I will also say, you are either a liar or poacher, which is it?
    Picman said:
    Man, I’m really not getting what your putting down. I was just trying to figure out the law and quoted your “technique “. I certainly am not kissing your **** or brown nosing in any way. Thats what you do to people you respect. I don’t know your and certainly don’t respect you, so I’m not sure why you think my nose is up your ****. I can assure you, my nose is no where near you. 
       I believe you don’t know what brown nosing is, because you using it in the wrong context. And I will also say, you are either a liar or poacher, which is it?
    Ever hear of stalking? Bout the same but different...I don’t care what you think of Me at all.. now let me tell you about you! You have a great need to be right about something anything really....Must have had a difficult childhood.... Makes your buttons real easy to push....😂😂😂
    Picman said:
    Picman said:
    Ever hear of stalking? Bout the same but different...I don’t care what you think of Me at all.. now let me tell you about you! You have a great need to be right about something anything really....Must have had a difficult childhood.... Makes your buttons real easy to push....😂😂😂
    Ok, you were definitely using it wrong. I’m not stalking you( whatever the same but different means...eye roll)  at all, just quoted your illegal advice once....I don’t have a need to be right, but I’m right. Carry on 
  • thebigone556thebigone556 the seaPosts: 63 Greenhorn
    Picman said:
    Picman said:
    Ok, you were definitely using it wrong. I’m not stalking you( whatever the same but different means...eye roll)  at all, just quoted your illegal advice once....I don’t have a need to be right, but I’m right. Carry on 
     You two need to meet up and lace up. 
    I don’t do boys....
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,206 AG
    You ever been to a Turkish bath house Billy?
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Another ignorant non fish catching ****...