Home General Hunting

Where to live?

13»

Replies

• PinmanPinman Posts: 2,660 Captain
    crghss said:
    If you want to make any money stay close to Tampa (surrounding area) or Jax. you’ll need a 4 yr nursing degree. Or start your own electrical business if you go that way. Medical field will allow you to live in a more remote area and make a decent living.

Pensacola is nice, it’s surprisingly up and coming town. Great food and a nice night life from what I’ve seen. 

I lived in Ft Lauderdale now west palm beach. Soon to move to panhandle or SC. You won’t believe the decline in fishing quality over the last 10 years on the treasure coast. Between pollution and volume of people the environment really doesn’t stand a chance. 

Pick a career and go where you get paid or can make the most. Money may not buy happiness but it’ll buy better access to hunting and fishing.

You should have seen the fishing around Palm Beach County 40 years ago......
  • JimG2JimG2 Connecticut for nowPosts: 8 Deckhand
    You want hunting and trout fishing, go to Montana, Idaho, ,, or the Dakotas. Women are evenly dispersed across the country. Yours is where you find her. You could go to NYC where available women outnumber available men and not find someone to finish a cup of coffee with. Or you could go to town population 500 and find the woman of your dreams. Notches on your bedpost does not equal success with women. 
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,756 AG
    crghss said:
     You won’t believe the decline in fishing quality over the last 10 years on the treasure coast. 

I would..... The late 1990's into the early 2000's was as good as it could be...but by 2010 it started down hill....and the bottom....who knows.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,312 Admiral
    Does peoole still fish the St Mathers bridge for sheepshead?

I rememver in the 60s my dad & his best friend would catch them by the wash tub full. With cane poles & fiddler crabs.