Home General Hunting

Would like ya’ll best recommendations on where to advertise Bama hunt club

HuckHuck Posts: 72 Greenhorn
Hey ya’ll
As most of ya know I’ve been trying to fill the last couple spots for Southern Grit Hunt Club. From what many have said everything seems great but have seen minimal interest. The only catch is I want to have members from Florida or at least a couple hours away and mature wanting to make friends and join in the  camaraderie .

Would ya’ll be so kind as to offer your best recommendations on where to advertise this. I know Facebook but not one of us knows how to work within that platform LOL. Here’s the website for anyone interested in looking 
southerngrithunting.com

Thank You in Advance

DON’T SING IT, BRING IT!

Replies

• Cracker23Cracker23 MelrosePosts: 311 Deckhand
    Woods N Water magazine
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    The fact that none of the members are fb savy, makes the club even more appealing to me lol Cant believe you're still having such a hard time filling it up.
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • 139sst139sst Posts: 340 Deckhand
    Its the timing.   Most hunt clubs renew around spring turkey, most people who hunt have already joined a club. Setting up feeders, stands, cameras  and food plots takes months.  It would also help you if you had camper hook ups.  Some guys bring wives, girlfriends, daughters to hunt and would prefer to stay in their camper.  I would drive to look at your club if I was not already in one.  
  • HuckHuck Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    In woods n water, a much more simple ad, we do have camper hook-ups, we had ads early but my partner is a man of few words. Hunt club Bama n number LOL. I recently decided to jump in whenever y’all seen the first ads here bout 6 weeks ago.

any other recommendations greatly appreciated. We actually have a two bunk rooms. The smaller one we use for just a couple of the wife/girlfriend comes along. 

Thanks Ya’ll 
    DON’T SING IT, BRING IT!
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,649 Captain
    Im no Facebook fan, but you may want to become Facebook savvy.  I joined a lease for the first time last June and Woods N Waters, GON, all those classifieds had very little. Facebook has several groups where you can find photos, stories from members, etc that gave me an idea what the club was like. I will agree also that it is too late right now to get a lot of interest as it has already been hunting season for some.  Good luck.
    Appreciate it pinman, it’s looking like that’s the way to go these days. Guess ya just can’t get away from online no matter what these days. Missing the good ole days 
    DON’T SING IT, BRING IT!
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,649 Captain
    Huck said:
    Appreciate it pinman, it’s looking like that’s the way to go these days. Guess ya just can’t get away from online no matter what these days. Missing the good ole days 

If you are under 30  YO, these ARE your Good Ole Days. Tell that to my sons all the time.
    Remember when we used to go to the hardware, tackle, sporting goods store and people would gather n drink coffee etc. and talk shop? Don’t hardly see that anymore, everything is on forums now. Although I can appreciate the convenience of this, it’s just not the same. Nothing like that personal touch of looking in a mans eyes as he tells a story or the intensity of this cartridge vs another in person. 
    DON’T SING IT, BRING IT!
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 515 Officer
    guys still do that    its called wilton manors.
  • ajrickettsajricketts Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Pinman said:
    Huck said:

If you are under 30  YO, these ARE your Good Ole Days. Tell that to my sons all the time.
    A little depressing to be honest . . .