Thinking of buying an Egret 167

finbullyfinbully Posts: 662 Officer
Boat will be used in shallow water situations almost all of the time. I have another boat for big water. Not going to pole much. Not concerned with top speed. I’ll be fishing alone as much or more than with someone else. Thinking of a Yamaha 90. I had a Maverick HPX 18 with a Yamaha 115 and loved that engine. Looking for opinions and actual operating experience from people who have owned or ridden in the 167 with 90 and 115 Yamaha’s. Not going after another engine brand. Thanks in advance for your input.

Replies

• FcenterFcenter Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Not answering your question but thought this was useful if buying an older 167. Owned a 1998 167 for about 5 years  Re powered it with a 90 Evinrude because a 90 yamaha would not have enough clearance under the poling platform to trim all the way up. Not a problem with the new 167's. 
    That Boat was a pleasure to drive and to fish out of. Could go on and on about it. 
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,076 Officer
    If you're looking for a technical poling skiff, this is not it. This boat wasn't designed to be silent. That said, none of the technical poling skiffs will handle the sea, provide the storage, ride, comfort, range etc. that this boat does.

The 16'7 is easy to pole, pivots very well and is very stable. Good Luck.