Alligator Trapping License

HurricaneBKHurricaneBK Posts: 202 Deckhand
I was lucky enough to win tags this year for one of the STAs. I understand that the yellow paper with my tags attached is also my trapping license and permits me to participate in hunts with other individuals who have tags.

If I plan on hunting with someone else, in a different STA, do I need to bring my license (with my tags attached) with me? Would a picture of the license and the license number be sufficient? For obvious reasons I'd rather not run the risk of losing my own tags that are attached, especially when I'm hunting with someone else in a completely different STA. Would a printout of the license from MyFWC be ok?

And my second question. When hunting we usually hunt from the bank by truck but will sometimes launch a jon boat to paddle out to different portions of the STA, do I need to have the yellow paper with my tags on me when in the jon boat or would leaving them securely in the truck be ok so long as we immediately affix them to a gator when it's landed.
BoatEasy
The Boater-to-Boater Marketplace
www.BoatEasy.net
Find and Share Services, Expertise and Products with Boaters Near You

Replies

• fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,312 Officer
    Florida Hunting and Fishing Regulations state:" You must have the required license with you when engaged in the licensed activity." Can't get much more clear than that!
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,326 Admiral
    What he said
  • HurricaneBKHurricaneBK Posts: 202 Deckhand
    My question is more along the lines of what constitutes the license? With a fishing license I can select the free reprint option and print out my license and have as many copies of it as I'd like from MyFWC. Likewise if I'd just purchased an alligator trapping license without applying for tags.

But since my alligator trapping license comes with my tags there's no option for reprint, which there is if you purchase just the trapping license separately (seems like an oversight on the website's part). 
    BoatEasy
    The Boater-to-Boater Marketplace
    www.BoatEasy.net
    Find and Share Services, Expertise and Products with Boaters Near You