Home Classifieds: General

New! AATB Cobra(Banana) Jigheads ft. Mustad 2X strong wide gap jighooks

kayakerinkeywestkayakerinkeywest Posts: 631 Officer
edited September 2019 in Classifieds: General #1
Late last year I released my Yellowtail Snapper Jigs.  These jigs were made to drift back baits in your chum line and with the differing weights, allow you to control the fall so they match the chum around them.  These work great in the upper and mid-water column.  However, in deep water or heavy current, even the heaviest (1/8 oz) just wasn't enough.   Sooo...

Let me introduce the new All About The Bait Cobra (Banana) jigheads with Mustad 2X strong wide gap jighooks.  With weights of 1/4 oz (2/0 hook), 1/2 oz (3/0 hook), and 3/4 oz (4/0 hook), these will allow you to work the lower sections of the water column as well as in heavy current.  These are perfect for Reef or deeper water bottom fishing for Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Grouper, and all other bottom species. 

Much like the Yellowtail Snapper Jigs, these are not new to the Keys.  The Banana style jigs have been out for a while.  The issue I found were three fold.  One, they are extremely expensive (plus you can only find them in small pack sizes).  Two, the majority of companies use cheap hooks with narrow hook gaps.  And finally, Three, most are strictly useful only to use chunk/live bait/DIY Bucktails.  Like the Y.T. jigs by designing my own, sourcing hooks directly from Mustad, and using a high volume, injection molding facility, I am able to produce these jigs at a much more economical price and therefore offer prices way below the market.  The hook model was very important as I wanted something that will hold up to anything the Keys has to offer.  If something is going to fail, I didn't want it to be because of the hook.  That is why I sourced directly from Mustad their: Mustad Jig Hook 32824NP-BN. Opti-angle needle point, chemically sharpened, 60 degree wide bend, 2X strong, forged, eyed, black nickel.  The best jig hook they make.  I also thought these jigheads would work great in conjunction with artificial/soft plastics.  By incorporating bait prong/holders, they can also be used to bounce artificials along the bottom.  The prongs are full size for working with bait tails, but are easily compressed for smaller diameter baits.  To make them even more economical, I offer them not only in the smaller 5 and 10 packs, but also a 25 pack that brings their cost per jig way down.  

Prices:

FREE SHIPPING
1/4 oz
5 pack - $10.00
10 pack - $18.00
25 pack - $25.00

1/2 oz
5 pack - $11.00
10 pack - $20.00
25 pack - $30.00

3/4 oz
5 pack - $13.00
10 pack - $24.00
25 pack - $35.00

Combo Packs
9 pack (3 of each) - $15.00
15 pack (5 of each) - $20.00

In case you are needing them, I also have a line of artificial bait jigheads using the same Mustad Jig Hook 32824NP-BN in a 4/0 fish head design in weights of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 oz.  Same principle reasons as above.  I also offer them in a more economical Heavy Duty hook in 3/0.

You can check them out at www.AllAboutTheBait.com.  I ship six days a week from Key West with orders placed before 12 pm going out the same day (Saturday after noon and Sunday ship Monday).  In the Keys and Miami is generally one business day. 

If you happen to be in Key West, I stock them at Esky Rods iwhich is located in the Kmart shopping center.  I also have my original Yellowtail Snapper jigs there as well.  

Thanks for checking them out.
Youtube - KEY WEST KAYAK FISHING https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkGY6yxE8kogYHKXisMhA2w
All About The Bait Store - http://www.allaboutthebait.com/

Replies