Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

31 Contender "Dream Overhaul" begins.

13»

Replies

• StonehengeStonehenge Posts: 207 Deckhand
    edited March 9 #62
    Amazing work!.  What did you end up deciding on the engines, planning on painting or not?
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 330 Deckhand
    Tony, I've had the pleasure of you working on one of my boats before. I said it then and I will say it again, you Sir are a true CRAFTSMAN! Thank you for keeping the meaning of that word alive and well.
    2019 Frontier 2014 
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,222 Admiral
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate the kind words!

Yes, we are painting the engines. 

But now ladies and gentlemen, I present the most beautiful Contender in the fleet! John at Castaway Customs absolutely CRUSHED my ideas about Seadek. I cant express how happy I am with thier work.

We even did the bottom of all the hatches.

First major seatrial after break in was a major success....

We left my dock in jax 9am. We legitimately had 8 stop and pee breaks, and still cleared Flagler Pier at 10:30.

By noon we were close to Canaveral. Pins down, 3 foot seas, she eats so good, I was amazed. We saw 3 Ray's all day, ashamed we burned 200 gallons with no cobes to show. She ran like an absolute dream though,

The audio has arrived, and we have begun installing the components. She will have (4) 12's, (8) 8s, and 4 huge amplifiers, its going to sound unreal. All JL Audio's new light up rgb series. 

Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,026 AG
    That thing is gorgeous.  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • jbsrqjbsrq Posts: 230 Deckhand
    All I can say is wow! Amazing work. 
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,222 Admiral
    Thanks yall!

Got to mock up the tub in the console today, we might have enough lithium going in to power a Tesla.

Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • StonehengeStonehenge Posts: 207 Deckhand
    It's been over a month, time for an update  :)
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,590 Captain
    At first I didn't think I'd like the color...saw you rolling into Ft. George Sunday....everyone around us was pointing and talking. The pics don't do it justice. Beautiful rig!!!
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,581 Captain
    saw him a couple of days last week running up and down the beach like he was in the Cobia tournament... :)  definitely nice rig and you can see him coming a mile away... :)
  • Feet1stShoesFeet1stShoes Posts: 170 Deckhand
    Tony, saw you up at Ft. George on Saturday. Man that rig is even nicer looking in person. I was rafted up with a bunch of friends and everyone of them was fixated on your boat. Made sure they knew the name of your business in case they need electrical/electronics work done!