Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

just a reminder

I'm a little late with this but no Blue crab traps in the water July 20-29th for our area unless tied to dock, seawall, etc.

I worked CR from Shell Island to twin rivers, out to Mangrove Pt, Ozello, Salt River to Homosassa then back thru Price Creek and out St. Martins yesterday removing derelict (and some new) traps.
FWC canceled for today and Thursday but i will be back out Friday on Homosassa river south down to Chazz and maybe further.

Pinfish traps are good to stay in the water though they are a pain in my **** as I still have to check them.
I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Replies

• THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 572 Officer
    Thank you!  Hope you have plenty of help.  Wish CCA Citrus wpuld get involved.
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    You ever need help?
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,291 Moderator
    Thanks Art.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,103 Captain
    bicyclist said:
    You ever need help?
    Lol, I’d pay to be on that trip 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,419 AG
    I'm good but thanks, was supposed to do Homosassa south today but got pushed back to Friday due to weather.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    Thanks Art.
    Louie, I get paid for it so thanks might not be in order but....
    I see traps left by both sectors for several years and it;s an eyesore but I can'y legally do anything even though I know they are abandoned until the closures.

Pinfish traps are almost as bad...
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 592 Officer
    Let me know if you find my anchor that is about 5 feet from the gazebo by river haven. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • HalonHalon Posts: 147 Deckhand
    I've come across a few abandoned/derelict traps. Is there a website or place to send GPS coordinates so that they could be picked up?

Halon
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    bicyclist said:
    You ever need help?
    Lol, I’d pay to be on that trip 
    I think we would get along as Quail hunters are very special no matter what.
    Halon said:
    I've come across a few abandoned/derelict traps. Is there a website or place to send GPS coordinates so that they could be picked up?

Halon
    you can send in pm to me, I am limited in time as FWC dictates what days I am allotted during the 10 day closure so no guarantee if I can get to them or if they have no buoys and I come thru on a high tide if we can find them.

10 years ago I made up a bunch of markers (bright orange net corks with 5' string and an 8oz pyramid lead), rode around in my airboat on low tide several weeks ahead of the round up and dropped the weight in the traps..

In the creeks away from boat traffic markers were still there, in high traffic areas folks stole the markers..

FWC does fly for me on the first day of the closure.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,860 Captain
    Art, I'll take any bouys you get >>>>
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    DOCKSIDE said:
    Art, I'll take any bouys you get >>>>
    ok, I'll get with you
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,326 AG
    Is it ok to use a 1000' line from seawall to trap?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    had one today like dat..