Scallop trip

Started out camping a B Marina. Went to Crackers for dinner. Met our guide at 7am went out for 4 hours and got 21 with 7 people on the boat. Drove to Cedar Key for dinner. Had the best country boil of my life at Steamers. Cancelled my guide trip and left the campground at 2am due to a thunderstorm. Red fire really took a toll on the scallops. Good luck if you get out there.

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,623 Moderator
    I've heard the season has been tough. Thanks for letting us know.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,895 Admiral
    red fire?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    and if you talking bout red tide we didn't have any here.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,611 Admiral
    I think it was the red necks that were hard on the scallops. 
    Previous years.
  • paddleharderpaddleharder Posts: 195 Deckhand
    I meant to say red tide. Auto correct strikes again. My guide said something about the FWC not seeding the grounds with baby scallops.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,371 AG
    sounds like a waste of time this year to even try. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    no seeding since around 1998 or so and why should they?
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,542 Captain
    I don’t get why the guide didn’t cancel the trip if he didn’t have some located. I know that I’d be out there with a spot light looking at midnight if that was my job. It’s not like fishing where they can say “well I can put you on’m, but I can’t make’m eat“.
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,624 Captain
    Reports from Homosassa are in 10-12 feet deep.
    God, save the South!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,117 AG
    I don’t get why the guide didn’t cancel the trip if he didn’t have some located. I know that I’d be out there with a spot light looking at midnight if that was my job. It’s not like fishing where they can say “well I can put you on’m, but I can’t make’m eat“.
    I agree. That guide is taking peoples money knowing they won't get many. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 667 Officer
    Reports from Homosassa are in 10-12 feet deep.
    Yes.  I've heard as shallow as 8 down closer to Chass.  Which isn't alot of fun, IMO.