Surf Drone fishing

GreymareGreymare North AlabamaPosts: 11 Greenhorn

Hello all! I was wondering if any of you guys have used a drone to fish from the shore? I have been seeing the Splash down drones for a while now and think it would be great for fishing on the beach. In the gulf its hard to get out far enough to get past the sandbar where a lot of the fish seem to be running. I have tried floating out with a balloon with no luck. Any of you guys ever used a drone and have any footage?

Replies

• Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,893 Admiral
    Just saw an add for a release clip for a drone to allow you to fly a bait out then drop it.
    If I can find a link I will post it
  • dcrdcr Posts: 350 Deckhand
    I haven't paid attention lately, but fairly recently you had to pay thousands to get a drone with a big enough payload to drop a decent sized bait.
  • NSB PhotogNSB Photog Posts: 488 Deckhand
    We just used to paddle baits out on a surfboard.

Most of us still have all of our appendages.
    Florida Impressions | Adventuring in the Sunshine State
    Aaah yes, the good old days.  Did you tie the line to the back of a pickup and haul 'em in?
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 128 Deckhand
    Yeah - been doing it for a while. I bought one of these drones, its been purpose built for dropping big baits, no cameras and stuff just for fishing. Work's like a champ. Lookup Cuta-Copter on Facebook and look at Fighthefish on Instagram for a bunch of photos i postes dropping huge baits.
    Thx for the info.
    Cuta-Copter Revo M3   $1500  4# payload, 300 yard range
    3-5   1# bait drops up to 300 yards. Yeah, that would work.
  • GreymareGreymare North AlabamaPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    Just saw an add for a release clip for a drone to allow you to fly a bait out then drop it.
    If I can find a link I will post it
    https://store.swellpro.com/collections/drone-accessory/products/pl2-payload-release-mechanism 

This is the ones I have been looking at. I like these as they can be landed on the water or if they crash in the water it floats and you can retrieve it. They a