R.i.p. Rip Torn

AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 479 Deckhand
Funny dude
The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
Jeff Cooper

Replies

• dave44dave44 Posts: 8,497 Admiral
    Men in Black. Good show. And was it the Larry Sanders show?
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 479 Deckhand
    edited July 10 #3
    If you can dodge a wrench...
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,372 AG
    Warning Level 2
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 26,770 AG
    RIP Rip

Mini Mart Magnate

• Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,255 Admiral
    I spent the whole day thinking it was Rip Taylor, until I just now saw photo on fox news.
    23895.gif
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,608 Admiral
    If I were him, that's what I'd put on my headstone.  

"RIP, Rip"
    "(Not Taylor)"
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,198 Captain
    Anyone besides me wowed by the fact that his name consisted of two interrelated verbs that can be used in many conjugations?

I will rip you. 
    I rip you. 
    You were torn. 
    You will be torn. 
    You are torn.
    ect. 

Profound.

May he never be forgotten for this riveting performance:

https://youtu.be/GgPJSBd18MU

A bit more seriously, he is one of only two leading actors I can think or that ever portrayed a Florida Cracker in a movie. He nailed the accent pretty well. 

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,879 Captain
    Fish Haid said:
    I spent the whole day thinking it was Rip Taylor, until I just now saw photo on fox news.
    Me too! Had to google it. The only Rip I was aware of is Rip Taylor. Running out flamboyantly throwing confetti in the 70s