Stingwray trip 7/6/19

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 775 Officer
On today’s trip had a group of friends from my home town. Left dock a little late due to my bad communications on time and what dock.  Great ride out but stopped trip a little early due to thunderstorms. Another great day on gulf with a some tired but happy fishermen. 

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,856 Captain
    Good deal!!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 775 Officer
    Our daughter with a few fish  from her bay trip on Friday. She loves to fish just like dad. Also is pretty darn good at it. Can’t wait to get their son in on the game. 
    Catch em up

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,190 Officer
    Nice box!  And, those are two great catches by your daughter!

Livin' the Dream !
    Well we closed out the red snapper a little early due to seas. Our vessel heading to the barn.
    Had another great red snapper season for 2019. We had a lot of great trips and boxed some nice fish. Did have to cancel many trips due to sea conditions. I don’t think the TAC for red snapper has been caught due to seas and looking at fish brought to dock. Maybe the  recreational guys will get a fall season. Tonight’s dinner fresh blackened red snapper.
    Not the way I wanted to see red snapper season end on the hill. Mother Nature has the gulf waters rocking and rolling.  

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,178 Admiral
    Very nice job there Sting!
    Glad you had a good season, Sting.  This is year two that I haven't been able to go.  So, I enjoy seeing what others catch.

Livin' the Dream !
    Thanks guys another great r snap season for F/v Stingwray. Well got to spent last Friday on a grouper trip on a friends vessel. Well on trip I had the rod& reel in my hand for the first time in years. And yes got it handed to me as I caught the smallest keeper Blk grouper on trip. We did end up with some nice grouper on trip. Maybe I need to run the wheel and not hold a rod& reel in my hands lol. btw we are looking forward to grouper and Aj fishing starting August 1st. 
    Catch em up
    edited August 5 #10
    08-01-19
    Today’s trip carried a high school friend and her husband from Jacksonville FL fishing. We boxed some B-liners and grouper but they got more excited about these fish. It was a short trip back at the dock by 2:00pm as catching fish was just a after thought. lol

Nice Bigeye snapper.  Never caught one.  How do they taste?

Livin' the Dream !