New boat

Vinny lVinny l Posts: 304 Deckhand
If you guys were going to buy a second boat, say 24’ to keep down here what would it be? I was looking at the 24 Morada and Young 24. If Frank built a 24 I wouldn’t be asking.

Replies

• smallblock342smallblock342 Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    HB Estero
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,371 AG
    Everglades 243
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 680 Officer
    If it was to go with an Egret, I’d be looking for a 24 CC with a deep v. There wouldn’t be much you couldn’t do with that combo. 
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 304 Deckhand
    Thanks for the input. I’m thinking about leaving the Moccasin on Long Island and getting a 24 bay boat to keep down here. My new plan is to fish out of Fishing Resorts around Florida and perhaps other Gulf Coast states for a couple of years after retirement. I’d keep the boat on a trailer in Pompano where our condo is until I decide to relocate to a more Fishermen friendly town. Who knows I may be satisfied Traveling to and fishing out of Resorts, then I’d just keep the condo in Pompano and of course my home on Long Island.
    Anyway, thanks for the input.

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,073 Officer
    Look at the Blackjack 256 or BIllfish 24. I saw the Billfish 24 at the West Palm Beach boat show. It looked pretty nice. I'm not sure that I like the leaning post baitwell. Can't see on how to load it without moving the seat. I'd also have to ride it to see if it works for me.

The Blackjack looks like it has higher sides than the Billfish. It's a production boat, I've never seen one. I've spent time on the Kenner Vision 22 which is similar and it performs very well. 

There's a lot of nice boats in this size range...Pete  

• TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 509 Officer
    Vinny,

Since you're looking to the leave the Egret up north, essentially the fact that have it is kind of irrlevant to your boating needs down in FL.  What you're asking is what's the best boat for down here.  That really depends on where in FL but obviosuly everyone here including me already thought an Egret was the right answer. 

That being said, there is no shortage of 23-25' boats to choose from if you're looking for a little bigger boat.

3 pretty different style boats but the East Cape 25 Bay, Sheafer 240, or Albury Brothers 23 are all boats I would like to have.  

Pete
    I fished a Black jack in Charleston SC. Nice boat, road on rails and fast. 

Chad
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the Moc. I just figured if I’m going to spend as much time in Florida as I am in NY, I need a boat down there. I like the Morado and the Estero, a little bigger but still can fish pretty skinny. 
    Thanks for the input guys!
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,073 Officer
    Vinny,
    Here's a video on the bay boat I really like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i4yOEDbElU

Thanks Pete.
    Great reputation and BIG $$$$.