Yankeetown Snook and Reds

As I pulled in to Yankeetown this morning i was greeted by pouring down rain. But as I get to the bait ramp at 8:45AM it cleared right up. I been thinking with all this rain the Snook bite should be on fire and hopefully a couple nice Reds. I only had 3 hours to fish and I wanted to hit a few areas. For the first hour and a half I fished top water and artificials along oyster bars and cuts holding current, but nothing but a couple of small redfish.

The second spot of the day is where I had a good hour of fishing! Went to a creek mouth that was holding good current and a couple oyster bars that seemed to be funneling the bait. After the 3rd cast the 33” Snook started screaming line. After about 5-10 minutes got her to the boat and then quickly released her. She put up a great fight and it was a lot of fun. Right after that caught a smaller Snook and a 25” Redfish. 

As the water moved in I went to a couple new areas for 30 minutes where I caught a couple small Redfish and then I called it a day. All in all had a great day on the water. The key today as it usually is, find the current, bait, and jumping mullet, and you will find the fish! 

Replies