Boat Building

Hey guys! i have a couple of question, and lots to come. I'm thinking about building a Panga style boat for offshore use. And not one of those 2012 panga boats i mean the ones created in the 70's for commercial use, low maintenance, easy to build, Caribbean style boat!! yes i need info. on everything from what steps i may need in building, what types of building methods like foam injected, or simple fiberglass idk. all i need is info on everything to start and to finish. anything will be appreciated thank-you!!

Replies

• Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,407 Captain
    Bateau has plans for a panga: http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=PG20

Their forum has tons of info. I know someone that built one of their boats and goes offshore to the ledge on it.
  • ChampL94ChampL94 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    do i have to buy all those three kits to build it? i don't believe i do.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,407 Captain
    You can buy just the plans. Not sure how their prices compare to you buying the material. Not a bad idea to "practice" by building a canoe or kayak.
  • sebastianshinesebastianshine Posts: 126 Officer
    you do not need a "kit" to build one of our boats, you can buy all the epoxy/glass/wood separately. most people buy the materials separately, but the CNC kits save a lot of time.

bateau.com
    boatbuildercentral.com