Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

BUSY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND OFFSHORE AND KINGS

Sea SnakeSea Snake Senior MemberPosts: 5,536 Admiral
WELL, had a trip to the deep water on Saturday , figured we’d go to around 120 feet and look for beeliners and trigger fish. We were met with a little bit of a bumpy ride out as the close 3 foot swell was right on our starboard now corner. But still we managed 27 to 28 mph ....to kinda save our backs !!

pulled up about 10 miles short , at 35 miles and fished an area that was steadily producing big beeliners and snappers and a ton of jacks. We fished there a while and as the west winds started to subside, so did the seas. ....long story short, we moved to several areas in the 40 to 45 mile range and caught some huge beeliners and on our last stop got the triggers fired up. Kept all we needed and since it was almost 5 and I had over 40 to go home we pulled up anchor ( trolling motor 😜) and cruised on Home. Could’ve caught 10 boxes of beeliners , but alas we kept our 3 man limit of fish 2 and a half to 3 pounds. Our largest trigger was right at 9 pounds !!

By by the time we got cleaned up and fish cleaned, I was beat....but Sunday morning came quick and momma snake said she wanted to go kingfishing....so I splashed some gas and got my Kingfish gear and off we went breaking the jetties at the crack of 9am 😜

Happy Momma Snake !!......oh and we found pogies at Talbot Island 🌴 

C’mon woman....quit taking pictures and get to scoopin’...😎

for the next next little bit we were in a steady bite of mid teenager Kings !! Which I happily made momma snake catch em all !!

We we were having a great time and hand feeding kings....then the next fish hit and tried to spool me....but little did he bargain than to have the Sea Snake himself on the rod 😳

Now ow let me tell you now....I have caught hundreds if not thousands of kings, lots of them Tournament class fish. I have also caught my fair share of jacks !! And to say that I was sure I had a jack, would be an understatement.

if I had of lost the fish anytime during the fight, it would’ve been no big deal to me it would’ve just been another jack....but my wife insisted we look at it....we even had the discussion that what were we gonna do with the jack....I said cut him loose, that’s what....and so it went !!

imagine my surprise when this showed up after a 25 minute fight. The last 10 minutes of me putting the roost-poo-smack down on him !!

Right at 42 pounds, probably 43 before he bled out 😜.....but a fish I would happily take to any Tournament scales !!

Not a speck of roe in this fish either....as a matter of fact, this fish had meat as clean as the teenager fish, not dark or grey like most big fish !!

anyway.....fun times and blessed to have a wife who enjoys what I do as much as I do !! 

We are little kids kids at heart ❤️ 

catch em up ......

Replies