Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Duke - Back on the Water Soon...

Well, I picked up a Hobie ProAngler 14 today and began the rigging process! My cardiologist LOVES the idea of me getting aerobic, cardio rehab by engaging in a hobby, pedaling a kayak. When I got my Outback 5 years ago, I lost 40 pounds the first year I had it and didn't realize I was working out. I'm sure I'll "feel" it more this time around but maybe, just maybe it will strengthen my heart some (though my cardiologist isn't betting on it). The exercise will do me good either way.

I'll start out with trout & reds inshore... We'll see if I can handle off shore someday.

I should be able to fish at the coast a LOT more soon... We're headed to Gulf Shores for 8 days/7nights on Saturday. Beach in the morning, up to the condo for lunch, then house shopping in Baldwin County, Alabama... East Mobile Bay... Somewhere around Daphne, Spanish Fort, Foley... We'll be around 30 minutes from the beach. If we find a place we like next week, we'll drop some $ and start calling moving companies!

Super excited to get back on the water!!!!

I know it's not NW Florida but still salt! And super close to NW Florida as well as Leeville, LA compared to where we've been living in the past!

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,910 AG
    Glad you are getting back out Duke! Doesn't matter where you fish, keep posting here. You are part of the NW family. Ready to watch that boy grow up on here like so many other youngins have.  Too many move away and quit posting here. Heck, hardly any fishing post anymore so it will be welcomed. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 9,329 Admiral
    Look forward to seeing some reports.  You won't be to far from Pensacola they have good fishing un that area.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,124 Captain
    That's a great fishing area!  I've not spent that much time inshore , but know many that have.  I have spent many hours snapper and cobia fishing the oil rigs south of the barrier islands.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,526 Moderator
    Good to hear you are progressing nicely. The east coast of Mobile Bay is a great area to settle in. The Foley/Magnolia Springs area is nice.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,875 Captain
    Good deal Duke glad to hear you are getting out
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,613 Admiral
    Good Dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,538 Captain
    Its great to read you are making plans again and starting a new chapter, house moves certainly do that.
    Please keep us in the loop and the best of luck with everything coming up.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    I agree with you.
     That’s a great area to relocate to.
    congratulations on your recovery and best wishes in finding a new home.

God, save the South!