2019 ACE 19 or ACE 2020

jonhoodjonhood Fort Myers, FkPosts: 2 Greenhorn
I am looking at the ACE 19 if it can be garage kept. If not I was wondering if there is a big enough difference in the ride and performance of the 2020 over the 19 to justify the additional cost? So, what are your comments about this?

Hood

Replies

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,201 Captain
    I'll take you one step further... I went from a 1720 to a 2020 and there isn't enough difference in the ride to justify the cost... and that's a 3' jump instead of a 1' jump.  My guess is with a blindfold on you couldn't possibly tell the difference between the 19 and 20.  BUT... the storage difference between the 1720/2020 is massive, thus the reason I bought one.  I know it's not exactly what you were after but at least it's one data point.

-Mag
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • jonhoodjonhood Fort Myers, FkPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks Mag!
    i was beginning to wonder if anyone would post. I think the 19 will hold everything plus some for my needs, so if the ride isn’t much different there’s no need to spend the additional cash!!

Hood
  • SEARUNNERSEARUNNER Posts: 287 Deckhand
    IMO the Action Craft 1720 and 1890, are my absolute favorite flats boats! I’ve had my AC 1720 for 12 years and still looks and performs like it did when I bought it new. 
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,201 Captain
    Agreed... the 1720 is a fantastic boat.  I'd actually rather have that over my 2020 but I need the extra storage.  :(
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • MossyoMossyo Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    What about keeping it in the garage?  Was thinking about the 1890 but not sure Id have enough room in a 2 car garage.  Also, do all ACE models come with the removable poling platform?
  • MBC223MBC223 Palm Harbor, FLPosts: 24 Greenhorn
    I have a new 19 ace in my garage.  Poling platform can be ordered as removable or folding, I went with the folder.  They can have their trailer guys do you a custom to shorten up the storage length too.  Mine has a 175 with an atlas jack plate and only needs about 22' to store.

• FlatscaptFlatscapt Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    edited November 14 #8
    I have a 2015 1890 (19 ACE).  I had mine built with folding platform, 3 inch Atlas, and removable trailer tongue - it fits snuggly into typical garage.  I will get you exact length this evening.  MBC223 is right though, it will come out somewhere around 22ft.  If necessary, you can turn engine to gain a few extra inches.  My 1890 (19 ACE) is for sale - message me if interested.