Mutton spawn in Palm Beach

Littlebobber19Littlebobber19 Royal Palm Beach Posts: 55 Greenhorn
So I have fished mutton spawns but always in the keys unfortunately not gunna make it down this month was wondering if anyone fishes the spawn locally an if so how is your luck do the fish here seem to move deeper or shallower to spawn? I typically fish 90-150ft but last month tried a little shallower on some sand bottom an boated a few fish nothing to brag about. Any tips an suggestions would be helpful gunna head out tomarrow evening an try my luck.

Replies

• FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 546 Officer
    Will be heading out sunday out of boynton and will post
  • Littlebobber19Littlebobber19 Royal Palm Beach Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    10-4 will be headed out tomarrow evening I'll post as well but I have had some friends in Boynton area doing really good on yellowtails off the wine glass area. If thats any help 
    We got the yellow tails dialed in. Gonna hit delray for the muttons or west palm. Looking foward to your post good luck
    I had good luck last moon at night we caught 9 mutton 4 keepers 6 big mangroves an some barely keeper yellowtail that we released for some reason I can't get yellowtail dialed in here in Palm Beach lol 
    How much chum are you useing
    Alot a case  as well as sand balls an oats when I'm strictly yellowtail fishing, I run 2 chum bags one off each side of boat it may be that I'm just not in a good spot not sure I fish yellowtail in 65-80ft dephs in the keys I fish much deeper is that my issue here.
    55 to 80 here watch your depth finder. There's a lot of variations current wind but theoretically you want to be just on the outside of the reef with your Chum going down the side of the reef if the currents too strong move to the inside of the reef. We normally burn four boxes of chum befor the yellowtail really start to bite on average night will burn 8 to 12 boxs
    I burned 8 boxes last night got 13 short muttons no keepers tax man was out in full force we managed a few yellowtail 6 nice ma groves 2 big porgies an an assortment of lanes,Toro's,an vermilion's the only big mutton I had got ate right at the boat by a monster tiger shark it was at least 10ft.
    We fished out of boynton today. Fished the reef from 10-2 ended up with a 32lb black 4 keeper muttons and alot of 17 3/4 muttons. .8mph north curent
    Nice, good deal glad you got um 👍 there's always next weekend. I'll keep trying some days we get them others we don't that's fishin. Good job tho thanks for report. 
    Thanks same too you