Pompano Beach Boat Rental or Charter

Looking for recommendations on a boat rental or possibly a charter for June 1st. Going to be 8 of us down there hoping to get out and look for some dolphin and maybe bottom bumping. Gear is no issue, I will bring all that from home. Just don’t have a boat to tote down with me. Thanks. 

Replies

• JWPBJWPB Posts: 190 Deckhand
    Many charter boats have a 6 person max, believe it's based on insurance or license, not boat size.  I had to split a group across 2 boats.  

I've chartered a few times out of bahia mar in spring and people always boat a nice kingfish each then fish magically disappear.  I swear the captain circles north of the wrecks after a few fish landed to save for afternoon charter.  Not sure if kings will still be there in June, they are in Palm Beach county now and I've never seen charters run and gun for Mahi down there. 
    Jupiter 29FS
  • saltlife17saltlife17 Posts: 187 Deckhand
    Don’t care much for kingfish, we’ve got plenty of that up here in Jacksonville. Boat rental would definitely be ideal with the amount of people we have, I don’t think the guys will want to go out on a party boat. 
  • JWPBJWPB Posts: 190 Deckhand
    Lots of illegal charters in south Florida on larger yachts that dont limit you to 6 people.  Not sure how you find them but they are on the news from time to time.   Maybe check social media.  

Half day fishing charters trolling for 6 people were around $600 per boat plus tip when we last did it a few years ago.  I think you are going to end up doing that unless you can find one of the illegal boats online and trust them to keep you safe and get you on the fish. 
    Jupiter 29FS
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,443 Admiral
    JWPB said:
    Lots of illegal charters in south Florida on larger yachts that dont limit you to 6 people.  Not sure how you find them but they are on the news from time to time.   Maybe check social media.  

Half day fishing charters trolling for 6 people were around $600 per boat plus tip when we last did it a few years ago.  I think you are going to end up doing that unless you can find one of the illegal boats online and trust them to keep you safe and get you on the fish. 
    might check cr list
    https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/miami-fishing-trips/6885643214.html