Late Report Sun May 12

Launched @ 6:30. Threw topwaters and got 2 small 14" trout and a couple ladyfish. Off to Cape Romano and the hand size jacks were thick. Into the Morgan River and got 2 short trout, a 24" snook and an 18" snook. And 3 large sailcats on a Yo-Zuri jerk baits. Thought I had a "good" fish only to see the fins and the smile turned upside down. Caught the fish on topwaters, white bucktails, yo-zuri's. Did not get any shrimp as this was a 'lures only" adventure. Surely nothing to brag about, just want to share the fun had on a WINDY day.

Note: Started out Saturday but had a Goodyear Marathon trailer tire separate on the way to the Pass. 5:30am removing the tire on 951 and then limping back to Naples @ 30 mph. Tandem trailer...!  Got both tires on the axle replaced and now have a spare. Thanks Goodyear! Used to be a HUGE fan and for my truck, will only by Coopers. For the boat trailer, any suggestions other than China Goodyears?

Thanks. Be safe!
Polar 1900 Yamaha 115

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,084 Officer
    I also switched from Goodyear tires to Cooper for my truck. What a difference.  The last tires I purchased for my trailer was from etrailer.com. I purchased Taskmaster tires and the aluminum rims together as I wanted to change the size. They came assembled and even had the correct air pressure. Just had to bolt them on. Had them for about two years now and very satisfied. The Taskmaster tires had good reviews and that is why I chose them. I also liked the price.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Caxambas KidCaxambas Kid Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Snookaffinity,
    Just got done @ etrailer and looked at the Taskmaster tire. Not bad! Pricing and reviews are very encouraging. Thank you!
    Polar 1900 Yamaha 115
  • BobberBobber Posts: 916 Officer
    Take a look at Kenda Loadstars, been using them for 5 years and no problems. 108 miles from my door to the ramp in EVC and trailer tires are not a big worry for me anymore. 
    Of course,still carry 2 spares,12v pump, tire plug kit, spare hub and grease gun, been there done that: changing a tire on 41 at 5am with bugs and gators all around....