duck hunting adjacent to state parks & other managed areas

WetBanditWetBandit Posts: 92 Greenhorn
many state parks are bordered by bays and waterways.  Whats are the rules pertaining to duck hunting in these waters?  Do state parks have any claim to the water surrounding them?  I've never noticed any markers in the water.

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,459 AG
    kWetBandit said:
    many state parks are bordered by bays and waterways.  Whats are the rules pertaining to duck hunting in these waters?  Do state parks have any claim to the water surrounding them?  I've never noticed any markers in the water.
    which park?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 1,662 Captain
    I've wondered about this as well.  Let's just say Fort Desoto for shtsngiggles.  Can I post up along the mangroves on Ft Desoto's shores if I'm in my boat?  wading in the flats?  And never go ashore.
  • WetBanditWetBandit Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Special Agent Coker, are you out there?
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,644 Moderator
    SA Coker is an officer with NMFS, not FWC and does not reply to questions for State jurisdiction or law
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,459 AG
    Ok, I hunt ducks inside a state park, I stay below the mean high water line, if a duck I shot falls in the upland park I leave my gun in the boat and retrive my duck.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    SA Coker is an officer with NMFS, not FWC and does not reply to questions for State jurisdiction or law
    Hmmm... according to the description of this sub-section, I thought that was the whole point.  Now I know.
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Ok, I hunt ducks inside a state park, I stay below the mean high water line, if a duck I shot falls in the upland park I leave my gun in the boat and retrive my duck.
    That's good to know.  I guess by now someone would have hassled you about it if you were doing something wrong.