Prayers for Grouper Sandwich and his family

FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,839 Captain
Guys,

Brian is in the hospital and not doing well.

Julia wrote Billy and myself to let us know Brian went out on a work call Saturday night and the police knocked on her door at 10 pm to let her know he'd been in an accident - single car.  He was in the hospital in ICU - critical condition.  Come to find out, he had a heart attack while driving and that caused the accident.  A passerby pulled him out and did CPR until ambulance arrived.  They had to shock him 6 times to get him back.

He is currently in ICU under sedation and on a ventilator. He will require open heart surgery but only after they can wean him off sedation and ventilator to determine if he suffered brain injury from lack of oxygen and, if so, how much.

Please keep the whole family in your prayers if you will.  No update since yesterday afternoon unless Billy's heard something.

Proverbs 13:3

Replies

• billybobbillybob Posts: 803 Officer
    Prayers sent 
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,746 Captain
    Praying!!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 583 Officer
    Prayers sent. 

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation now part of Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/

Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

• JTRJTR Posts: 1,102 Officer
    Thoughts and prayers from our family to Brian and his family.
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,839 Captain
    edited May 13 #6
    Brian is off vent, so that's a plus.

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,961 AG
    Dang..... I'll be praying for him and his family.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 3,201 Moderator
    That's terrible news. Please keep us advised. We'll keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank God a good Samaritan came by.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,010 Admiral
    I hate to hear this.  Brian and I had a relationship that included insulting one another every chance we get.
    It was unsettling for outsiders to witness. LOL!!!!
    Sending prayers up for him and his family.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • greenbonegreenbone Posts: 96 Greenhorn
    Wow, praying for him and his family. 
  • amada8amada8 Posts: 791 Officer
    Brian and I had our differences.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,440 Captain
    Prayers sent.
    God, save the South!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,767 Captain
    Prayers!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,923 Admiral
    prayin for him.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 617 Officer
    Prayers from our family as well. He's a good guy and one of the originals to this forum. Healing thoughts from all of us for him and all his family.
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,927 Captain
    WOW!, He lives close by, will reach out to Julia.
    F the feds
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,702 Captain
    Thanks for letting us know.  Prayers for Brian  o:)
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,382 Officer
    What terrible news, he had had some good luck so far with the CPR help at the roadside and now he is in the right place, so we are praying his luck continues.

Bodine said:
    WOW!, He lives close by, will reach out to Julia.

Please let us know what you find out.

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• cc13cc13 Posts: 533 Officer
    Please. He is way too young for that!!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,961 AG
    Really pray Brian comes through. Not preaching to the choir here but heart issues are becoming more and more problems with people these days. If I hadn't gone to the heart Dr. with my dad 3 yrs ago I would have never know I had a blockage in one of my arteries. I felt and fell great but the silent killer was growing on me. So glad it was caught when it was.

Dad had his heart attack and 4 way bypass at 45. He's almost 69 now and having issues once again. If you have any hereditary heart problems, please get checked. It doesn't just come from what we eat. Brian is too young and I pray he recovers and pray for the person that found and worked on him until medics could arrive. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 685 Officer
    Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for a swift and complete recovery.  

• AKIIAKII Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Prayers from our family for Brian and his family. Praying for God's hand to touch Brian.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 1,827 Captain
    Praying he pulls through with no lasting issues... We never know what the day will bring. 
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,133 Captain
    Prayers sent. Bought my son's first deer rifle from Brian.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,784 Captain
    That's terrible news. Please keep us advised. We'll keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank God a good Samaritan came by.
    MAN.... :/
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
    Julia says Brian has to gain some strength before they will do surgery. Maybe early next week.  He will remain in ICU until that time. 
    edited May 14 #28
    Sounds like progress is being made. What surgery are they contemplating?

mindyabizness

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Triple bypass is what she told us last evening.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,321 Admiral
    Prayers for the surgery too.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,927 Captain
    I dont know anymore than what Brad posted, surgery hopefully on Monday, offered up lawn mowing, dog sitting, dinner prep etc.,, lady has her hands full.
    F the feds