Everglades City last week

Spent last week fishing out of Everglades City on my annual trip with my dad.  My old man lives in Sebastian and I'm up in Asheville, NC.  Another buddy from Asheville joined us this year.  Wind was a bit tough at times and we did not see any tarpon off of Pavilion where we've found them in good numbers in years past.  We throw nothing but artificials, mostly topwater and then gulp shrimp on 1/8 ounce jigheads.  Caught a ton of juvenile reds and snook (12-16 inches) which kept us entertained in between good fish.  Most of our time is spent in and around Indian Key Pass and down to Pavilion.  On the last 2 mornings we ran into good numbers of tarpon near Indian Key.  Got 2 to the boat, jumped another 6 and had several other swings and misses.  For the tarpon we threw red/white DOA baitbusters and Live Target mullet and menhaden swimbaits.  Nothing I'd rather catch than big tarpon on artificials.  Can't wait to get back down.  I assume with so many juvenile fish the next few years will be awesome and hopefully we will run into the tarpon migration, we've hit it in the past when the fishing was nothing short of epic.  Attached are a few pics.

Replies